Judge admits mistake in kicking whites out of court

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Apr 3, 2008.

1. They know what to do, and what works?
    What would that be, exactly?
    (I swear, I really don't know.)

#11     Apr 4, 2008
  2. education, in a safe environment without overcrowded classes... except thats not what the american school system provides... crackdown on weapons possession without licence, etc etc... safer hoods to grow in...

u got any black mates? i mean real mates... again a difficult concept to grasp in america but since your bicultural perhaps...

#12     Apr 4, 2008
  3. "education, in a safe environment without overcrowded classes... "

That's a union favorite. Charter schools would relieve overcrowding and so would vouchers, this meets with resistance at every level.

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. sure, there are complex financing issues, not enough qualified instructors therefore requires vast training programme, selection etc, on a wider scale than current, nothing too easy but...

fine if it's a union favorite, but that's what i want for my boy... i can pay for it... great... but if that makes him part of the 1% privileged kids around who can benefit from a proper environment to grow and learn, that still leaves out 99% who'll become pretty good at knives & guns in no time if there's nothing better for them to build their self-esteem etc amongst their kins (in a broad sense)... and thats a lot of bullets... its no good to me if my boy ends up being smart & dead because of a stray bullet...

#14     Apr 4, 2008
  5. Sorry I can't give a you a top ten list of to do's, I might if I had taken notes or saved the books. Here's a list of a few favorties, they are easy reads

http://www.amazon.com/My-Posse-Dont-Do-Homework/dp/0312951639

http://books.google.com/books?id=SN...vq=geoffrey+canada&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0

1999 Anderson, Elijah
    The Code Of The Street: Decency, Violence, And The Moral Life Of The Inner City, New York: W.W. Norton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_and_Life_of_Great_American_Cities

This last book was written in 1961, if you love cities or the burbs, it is an eye opener. Esp relevant because currently many urban areas are being rebuilt and updated for the expected flock of boomers who may move back downtown. If you are going to invest "downtown" in the future, some areas will work and flat out some won't.

Imo, downtown is destined to fail (even after being rebuilt)in many cases because the middle class or even grandma and grandpa left these areas because of the schools, (even if they don't have children).

Cozy storefronts, mini parks with benches, and high end apartments look attractive but the school is the wild card.

One more thought re The Death and Life of Great American: There are many examples of the how and why of childrens behaviour in the inner city. We build perfect playgrounds but no one uses them.

#15     Apr 4, 2008
  6. The education unions and the political establishment have it exactly backward on the schools issue. They make the traditional liberal mistake of confusing inputs and good intentions with results. The Washington, DC school system spends as much as any in the country per kid and produces abysmal results. You could literally put the KKK in charge of the DC schools and they would improve. Certainly they couldn't get any worse.

The number one factor is how much the families value education. It's not an accident that the best performing kids are typically asians. This has been said before, and I'm sure someone will accuse me of racism, but blacks in general do not value education. The urban black underclass does not value it at all. We don't need a federal program to teach black kids to dribble a basketball, but for some reason reading is different. We're not talking aobut quantum physics either. Just basic literacy.

The school systems are almost designed to produce poor results. We make it nearly impossible to get rid of thugs, criminals and those who have no interest in learning but make it impossible for anyone else to learn. Liberals are somehow genetically wired to want to sacrifice the vast majority to try in vain to "save" a few incorrigibles. Then there is the union issue. Urban school systems waste most of their resources on redundant layers of highly paid administrators, counselors, assistants, etc. They waste even more on politically connected consultants.

The DC school system hired a new chief, a no-nonsense korean woman. She wanted to get rid of a handful of useless administrators. The unions went ballistic, and it took the mayor's intervention and a vote of the council to make it happen.

It is not a secret how to educate children. The parents and voters just lack the will to make it happen. In the end, racial solidarity and liberal orthodoxy matter more to them than their children.

#16     Apr 4, 2008
  7. So you are throwing your support to the KKK to run the DC schools?

#17     Apr 4, 2008
  8. So you are throwing your support to the KKK to run the DC schools?

LOL

We should have the NAACP run the schoools.

Coleman Young, when he was the mayor of Detroit said Yes, crime is a problem, but the greater problem is the police. (paraphrasing but that was the jist of the quote).

#18     Apr 4, 2008
  9. Could they possibly have done a worse job? In fact, if LBJ had put the KKK in charge of social policy instead of enacting the Great Society, they couldn't possibly have wrecked greater harm on blacks, black families and black culture.

I'm willing to say that liberals had the best of intentions, but at some point you have to recognize that things have gone terribly wrong. Instead we get this moron Obama implying that it is all the fault of white racism and not spending enough money. I wonder if his kids go to public school?

#19     Apr 4, 2008
  10. So you would favor burning crosses and lynching blacks to improve the education system?

You do know that's what the KKK stands for, white supremacy and hatred of blacks.

That is your solution? Put the black youths in D.C. under the control of those who hate them?

#20     Apr 4, 2008