Juan Williams Compares Liberal Tolerance With Conservative Intolerance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 25, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Fox News contributor and former NPR host Juan Williams opened up to the Daily Caller recently about his experience working at both left and right-leaning media outlets.

“I always thought it was the Archie Bunkers of the world, the right-wingers of world, who were more resistant and more closed-minded about hearing the other side…” he said. “But in fact, what I have learned is, in a very painful way — and I can open this shirt and show you the scars and the knife wounds — is that it is big media institutions who are identifiably more liberal to left-leaning who will shut you down, stab you and kill you, fire you, if they perceive that you are not telling the story in the way they want it told.”

Williams was dismissed from NPR in 2010 over comments he made on the O’Reilly factor about getting nervous when seeing people in “Muslim garb” on a plane.

After noting that many in the media have “preconceptions of the truth” and an idea of what Williams as a black man should believe regardless of the facts, Williams continued: “I deal with conservatives all the time…I must tell you, they’re far more tolerant of me as a dissident voice than anything I ever encountered on the left.”

And, he says, this is the exact opposite of what he would have expected when he first joined the work force.

“The guy that showed up just out of college would never have guessed that this would be true, thirty years later,” he added.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-stab-you-kill-you-fire-you-if-you-speak-out/

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is because the left finds it's strength in emotion, and the right, in logic. Emotion always leads to intolerance (even when present on the right). Logical arguments always lead to fact.

3. jem

jem

it is nice he has the integrity and the brain power to say that.

that is why about half of his content is interesting.
    he seems to enjoy defending the president in illogical ways... but on the rest of the issues there is a good chance you will get a cogent analysis out of him.

4. pspr

pspr

Most of the time I can't agree with Juan on any of his analysis. But, when he talks about left/right tolerance he is always fair to point out his true experiences.