Jtrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by casey, Jan 15, 2003.

1. casey

casey

Does anyone use Jtrader for trading the eminis?How do the fills compare to IB?Better executions or worse?

2. ramuk

ramuk

The fills are probably as fast as TWS, but cancellation
    of orders and the subsequent confirmation of the cancellation is
    very fast in JTrader (Ascend Trading is my broker)

I find order entry via the DOME window exceptionally
    good.

In general I find TWS a bit clunky, but I must say that
    my experience with it is very limited (2 months)

Many of the people here seem to like TWS a lot.

3. I have been using J-trader for a few days now and also TWS for a month or so -

Executions? Comparable speed, slight advantage to J-Trader -

Hard Stops? IB much better. J-trader has falsely triggered a few times. IB never has yet.

Interface - Both have pros/cons - IB has bracket orders, but DOM on J-Trader and Matrix is cool. IB is simpler without the extra windows that must be kept open for J-Trader.

Account Info? IB is better for realtime P/L - I still can't figure out how to check my account balance with J-Trader.

PM me if you want any more specific ??? answered.

Paul

4. H2O

H2O

I use J-Trader with Advanced Futures
    - Great Platform
    - Good customer service (Both on trading and on technical issues / software) from AF and Goldenberg Hehmeyer Co
    - Spread orders very simple (I use them a lot)
    - No Bracket (Would be a great improvement)
    - DOME screen works lightning fast
    - No problem with hard stops with me.... (might have been thin market)

For you acct balance,
    Check your previous days EOD statement and see todays P/L in J-Trader.

Hope this helps

5. OK -

1) Was just a glitch so I wasn't getting my statements e-mailed - fixed now.

2) Was using the wrong kind of stops - there are some on the "order type" with # next to them - it is important only to use the stop-limit order without #.

3) Liking it more all the time as I get used to it - wish it had bracket orders or at least trail stops.

What is the fastest way to set a stop? I have hotkeys set-up to bring up trade window but it takes numerous clicking/adjusting to set stops correctly. Am I missing the easy way?

I have read the whole user manual...

Thanks,

Paul

6. You should include a couple of others in this equation:

Trading Technologies and FFastFill are both faster than J-Trader.

I have never used IB, but I use both J-Trader and FFastFill every day. No comparison. J-trader seems to update its prices at about half the rate that FFastFill does. Turnaround times are also obviously slower.

I have heard nothing but great things about TT concerning its speed and stability. I don't use it, but many of my friends do.

I have heard good things about IB's stability, but I will repeat that I have heard and read that they have problems with their Support.

FFastTrade offers both J-Trader and FFastFill to its clients, so I have a very good view of the two systems. I am biased toward FFastFill because I helped in its development, but I can see it with my own eyes.

If you are interested in the most competitive rates in the Industry, you should visit FFastTrade's website: www.ffasttrader.com

Round trip rates for Eminis are $3.32 and we turn trades around in under .40 seconds. We also pride ourselves on our Support.

FFastTrade has recently become a sponsor of Elitetrader and we will be highlighted in the Self Employment Thread.

Have a great weekend!

7. BARON & MODERATORS - PLEASE STOP THIS SHAMELESS PANDERING ON EVERY GODDAMNED THREAD - SPONSOR OF THE SIGHT OR NO, NO ONE ELSE FINDS IT NECESSARY TO BOMBARD US WITH CONSTANT ADVERTISING

RISKLESS I WISH YOU WELL BUT TONE IT DOWN, WILL YA? THIS WAS A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT J-TRADER, NOT YOUR PERSONAL ADVERTISING FORUM

8. All of these platforms i am sure are excellent but i would say that the ability to make bracket trades with TWS is a dream come true for this scalper. It is probably the only reason why i do not switch to fastfill.com and take advantage of the best execution prices i have ever seen anywhere.

9. I put a shitload of information out there and basically told the full story. TT is faster than J-Trader hands down. I have nothing to do with them, but I have told the truth. If it bothers you then I will tone it down, but I am trying to give this guy some good info.

I'll tell you what:

If I was asking questions about the Emins, I would hope that someone would tell me where the lowest rates were offered. Wouldn't you?

I also would hope that someone would tell me which system are considered the fastest. TT and FFastFill are both in that category not J-Trader.

I'll tone it down just for you though!

10. Riskless,

I have nothing personal against you, captitalism, accurate information or site sponsors.

What you seem oblivious to is the fact that you are acting like an annoying, overkill pain in the ass.

Every time you post one of your ads, every member who is subscribed to the thread has to take the time to check the replies sent to their e-mail box because they are expecting a post relevant to the topic - not your personal business agenda. This gets old fast.

Since you have invaded almost every thread remotely related to futures and/or software platforms, anyone who regularly frequents ET has seen your ad posting many, many, many times.

Employees from IB, Tradestation and others have managed to get their points across without spamming like you do - What, you don't think that traders know enough to seek out the best rates?

And the worst part is that all your so called "facts" all suit your personal agenda. It's very transparent.

The message you are giving us over and over is that you are desperate for business. Why don't you post some other facts like:

"I'm a small-time introducing broker - you'll have to live with some growing pains until I'm more established"

"Since I can't get Traders on ET to rant/rave about my program, I'll have to do it myself over and over"

So you can take your sarcasm and shove it.

#10     Jan 17, 2003