Jtrader/XP errors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader777, Jun 12, 2002.

1. I just upgraded to windows xp and now I can't get Jtrader to run on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this going.

-Todd

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

go to program files then delete the folder contain jtrader client, the next time you log in jtrader it should self dowload a fresh copy and hopefully the problem will go away, Note: all your info is stored on server not in your PC so there is no prob in deleting your folder

3. Knyyt

Knyyt

You have IB's plug-in also on this computer? I could NEVER get my Jtrader to run when i had IB's java plug-in on my puter.If so, delete it, then you Jtrader should work.

Also will help if you describe what is happening in more detail to assist you.

Regards,
    Knyyt

4. Upgraded to xp and now when I try to run Jtrader I get a blank login window. I have deleted the program files but I don't even get prompted to reinstall them. My computer meets specs as I was running it before.

-Todd

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

6. stevet

stevet

trader777

the only people who should help you are your broker - why dont they solve it?

7. They have conferenced me in with patsystems support directly and nobody can figure it out. They swear it works on XP so I figure I must just have some settings wrong. I was hoping someone here may have an idea of what to try so I don't have to go back to 2000.

-Todd

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

one last idea, use IE browser to logon, netscape won't work, if you already doing that then may be re-intall java machine from sun?

9. stevet

stevet

if no one here can figure it out, probably best to get yourself a second hard disc, set it up as 2000, transfer all your files over, make sure all is working and then gradually reinstall everything on the Xp disc until you get it all working

but 2000 works fine and i dont think Xp will make you anymore money! so why not stick with 2000, if you cant trade at the moment, this must be a very expensive upgrade attempt

would have been a lot cheaper to get a new computer already loaded with XP and get it working whilst you carry on trading with the old one, and then swop over

10. I really wasn't planning on having these issues. Thanks to everyone for trying to help.

-Todd

#10     Jun 12, 2002