JTRADER : where to get the last version?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GeorgeSoros, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Craig,

What is the relationship between Apexfutures and Inifinity? what does the term DBA(doing business as) mean in real terms?

Who are Apex clients actually dealing with?

#11     Mar 4, 2002
  2. ApexFutures.com is the online deep discount division of Infinity Brokerage Services. DBA means "other names" company is doing business as. Like General Motors has Cadillac, Pontiac, Chevy, etc.

Clients of ApexFutures.com are "dealing with" employees of Apex and Infinity.

Craig

#12     Mar 4, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

craig ross

you did not confuse it at all - so thank you for your comments

but does the scenario i raised, occur on eurex and liffe?

and if i sent a limit order, instead of a market order, at the price you suggested of 1130, might that get to globex more quickly than a market order, which has to be converted to a limit order?

and is it the broker or the clearer who undertakes the conversion of the market order to a limit order?

#13     Mar 4, 2002
  4. stevet

I do not know if that is true for eurex and liffe.

If you send a limit order through instead of a market order you may save a millisecond or two, but nothing significant. If you really want to split hairs - it probably takes you an extra second or two to place a limit order on your end, beacuse now you have to pick a price, so any gain in milliseconds is lost.

The conversion takes place with whoever has the server for your platform. In most cases that is the clearinghouse, since the IB neve touches your order.

Craig
    ApexFutures.com

#14     Mar 5, 2002
  5. ( from another ET thread )

#15     Mar 27, 2002
  6. JayS

JayS

7. From what I heard Pats has a 2 year burn rate right now. In other words if they do not earn another cent (pence) they can survive for 2 more years. Not to mention if they get to a bankruptcy situation I know of many brokerage firms that would love to buy them at a discount.

Craig

#17     Mar 27, 2002