JTader with elocaltrading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by andrasnm, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real Trader

Real Trader Guest

Ok, just checking let me know if the IB rate is all you will take, and if you were to go a little higher on fees what is the your acceptable rate?

RT

#71     Apr 24, 2002
  2. llljjj

llljjj

RT -

If I average, say, 25 RT's per day - and the best rate you will give me is, say, $6 - then I can do some basic math to see how much more I will be spending to get better service. With 250 trading days per year and $1.2 more per trade, then I am spending $7,500 in additional commissions per year.

That is not bad. But I have to tell you that after trading futures for many years I am sure that I have never had $7,500 worth of problems from IB in any year - or even alltogether. For the most part, downtime problems usually average out with gains and losses over the long run.

So to answer your question, your rate would have to get closer to $5 to make it worthwhile to consider.

Thanks for the public dialog RT. Very helpful. LJ

#72     Apr 24, 2002
  3. Real Trader

Real Trader Guest

Thanks, for the information and that makes sense, the risk reward is in your favor I would go with 7k extra if you were to accept but just not profitable enough to justify the 5r/t. Sorry I wish I could do better.

Kind regards,

RT

#73     Apr 24, 2002
  4. I see. I did not think of that.

#74     Apr 24, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

Pssst

What platform are you using now?

#75     Apr 25, 2002
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

this looks like a long ad for RT.

#76     Apr 25, 2002
  7. Is there any one there that can say that IB platform failures caused losses GREATER than the $$$$ saved by using IB. ?????

#77     Apr 25, 2002
  8. At least with IB TWS I never got a fill that did not belong to my account.
    I am not sure if the same could be said about PATS JTrader when run on overloaded servers.

#78     Apr 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.