JTader with elocaltrading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by andrasnm, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. That sounds like a great deal for J trader.

#11     Sep 28, 2001
  2. vahj

vahj

DeveN,

How much exchange fees thay charge per side.

#12     Sep 29, 2001
  3. sasha1

sasha1

Can somebody please confirm the $1.50 per side e-mini commission rate with e-local? Is there a minimum volume requirement? I am looking to do about 500 contracts per month. Are there any exchange fees or any other fees for using J-trader?

#13     Mar 29, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

500 contracts would be about 3.50 a side

#14     Mar 29, 2002
  5. Not all J-Traders are created equal!!!

A little info on how J-Trader works...
    Patsystems licenses this software to the FCMs. Each FCM hosts the software on their own servers and network infrastructure. So depending on who you go through, your reliability and network latency will vary greatly.

One of the most important things you should consider is the FCM's capacity utilization. If the infrastructure is oversubscribed, your reliability and speed of execution will suffer.

So there is a tradeoff between commission and reliability/execution speed. You need to find a balance between commissions, reliability and service.

All you guys on RCGs server know what I mean...

I've had it with eLocal/RCG. They used to be a great deal but with RCG taking on all the retail shit accounts from Global Futures without proper planning and upgrades, it's a big mess. Sure they are starting to upgrade.... but I'm not willing to be their beta tester for their major network/server upgrade. Not when it's MY money on the line. These "cheap" commissions are killing me...

#15     Mar 29, 2002
  6. just21

just21

Is jtrader faster than ib's tws for trading eminis? I tried and failed to find a clearer to get a globex terminal. Has anyone got a globex terminal on a private circuit? that must be faster than using the internet.

#16     Mar 29, 2002
  7. What kind of volume are you doing?

#17     Mar 29, 2002
  8. mbt3

mbt3

Originally posted by just21
    "Is jtrader faster than ib's tws for trading eminis? I tried and failed to find a clearer to get a globex terminal. Has anyone got a globex terminal on a private circuit? that must be faster than using the internet. "
    ====================================
    for the e-minis..I've used TWS via internet connection and had many problems staying connected. Was never able to establish if it was my ISP or TWS.

I've also used Patsystem (proir jtrader) with a private circuit line, (UK to UK broker). Totally stable with fills in 1-2 seconds, but occassionally had problems with Patsystem software. I had this set up to avoid the internet, before internet monthly costs were fixed per month and before stable connections like adsl.

Now using ADSL for US account (from UK) and notice NO difference in reliability and speed.
    Filled as quickly as I click my mouse.

The variables involved are complex. You may have a very good internet connection but the brokers server connection to you and to the exchange may not be as it should. The brokers connections may be good but your ISP routing lets you down. etc..

Imo there is no way of knowing..trial and error would start with establishing your internet connection first, know that it is "always on", then try it with broker/trading platform.

hope this helps..

mbt3

#18     Mar 29, 2002
  9. sasha1

sasha1

So at what stage do 1.50 per side commissions kick in? What kind of volume are they looking for? 1000-2000?

Also, I've been using j-trader and it seems very stable and reliable (although a little on the chunky side, as far as configuration availabilities are concerned).

#19     Mar 29, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

Navigator

These "cheap" commissions are killing me...

GREAT COMMENT! Real life is a lot different to most of the theorist's comments on here

#20     Mar 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.