JRFutures.com - Anybody Ever Used Them?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Cold Brew, Aug 25, 2008.

1. With added fees its 8.48 round turn to be exact

#11     Aug 25, 2008
  2. I think Jackie is the Owner and only person at JR

I have never tried to negotiate a lower fee.If i was a more active trader i might,but the service is great and i don't mind paying extra

When i first starting trading i was with main street trading(Ken Roberts),100.00 a round turn

Later I went to DT Futures/Farr Financial,what a fucking nightmare

With the service at JR I was happy just to have a competent broker.5 per side is good to,but i love PFG's platform

#12     Aug 25, 2008
  3. You are not receiving the 4.10 RT all-in deal.

You are being charged a commission PLUS exchange fees. You are just being foolish... $4.10 RT ALL-IN (all inclusive of exchange fees) is promoted on the website, for clients from another firm. YOU should be able to get that deal or at worst, $5.00 RT all-in. You are on the "overpay" commission schedule and you are overpaying, A LOT!

Good trading to you

Osorico

#13     Aug 25, 2008
  4. What is silly about saying that trading high leverage contracts with only $500 is absurd? The fact is that it is absurd.

Suggesting trading options on futures is even more absurd, as option traders have lower rates of success than futures traders.

Futures trading is difficult enough to master without handicapping ones self by starting out hopelessly undercapitalized.

#14     Aug 25, 2008
  5. One of my accounts is with PFG, which I found through JR. If you have your own charting solution, they are fine. PFG's charts were not adequate for my trading. I use QuoteTracker for superior charting but albeit short-term back-testing. I pay $4.10 per YM contract RT, all-inclusive, and have for a long time now.

PFG's customer service is miles ahead of several other brokers in my experience, including IB. However, I retain my IB account for data sourcing my charts. I know of no other combination of DOM platform with all exchange-permitted order types, charting and data source, for my futures needs, at only $27 per month or less, period. The days that I paid well above $100 per month for similar charting and data feed are long gone, indeed.

I do not fully leverage my accounts, so I reject concerns about PFG offering such low margins and account minimums. A profitable trader will remain profitable whether the margin is $438 (YM @ PFG) per contract or $4,380. I would be pleased to introduce you to the folks at PFG, providing you know what you are doing, are adequately capitalized and use money management, in which case there is no reason why you should not take full advantage of leverage, with those caveats in mind.

#15     Aug 25, 2008
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is not. It is $4.10 and they clear through PFG, and they are actually cheaper than PFG...

The chart isn't the greatest, but once when I was in the chatroom in a volatile time other brokers charts froze and JR's was still moving. For a small account with no extra charges, or for a back up account, it is good.

#16     Aug 26, 2008