JPYUSD futures

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by siki13, Jul 12, 2007.

1. siki13

siki13

I am just checking JPYUSD futures
    and it seams that trading range is bigger in spot forex.
    For example 211 pip range on tuesday
    was 178 pip in futures and also if you have stop loss above wednesday high
    it would hold in spot forex but in futures you would be stopped out 15 minutes ago.
    Very strange because in gbpusd futures i didn't have those problems .

2. In spot forex, you trade USD/JPY, whereas the CME offers JPY/USD futures - this answers your question :)

3. siki13

siki13

Price action should still be the same, just reverse.
    Well anyway i give up on futures , i am not giving 15-20% of profits just to trade more regulated market.

4. Well, in futures, every tick cost the same regardless up or down. In spot, it is not.

5. Did you check whether the low in the spot forex happened in the hours which globex was shut down? Globex only trades 23 hrs wheareas the spot trades around the clock

6. siki13

siki13

There is no need to check that because every trend (trading range) i calculated was smaller in futures.

7. siki13

siki13

That is not helping me if i earn 20 ticks less and i don't even see why is this important .

8. I take it you have not traded FX futures before. What thecalip meant was the JPY futures are always $12.50 per tick. The tick value of USD/JPY fluctuates based upon the exchange rate, right now with the pair at 120, one tick equals $8.20.

That's the reason why you're seeing fewer ticks in the futures vs spot. The tick value is different.

http://www.cme.com/clearing/clr/spec/contract_specifications_cl.html?product=JY

9. siki13

siki13

Why is then GBPUSD futures have trading range same as spot?

For example this is 7/6/07 - 7/11/07 trend :
    GBPUSD spot:2.0363-2.0058=305 ticks
    GBPUSD futures 2.0343-2.0036=307 ticks

As you see price is different probably for the reason you give but trading range is the same.

10. Is the original question why 1 tick on say 121.87 to 121.88 not equal to .08271 to .08270? If this isn't the question, then dont mind me :)

#10     Jul 17, 2007