Jpomerenke's Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jpomerenke, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think Joey has only been trading live capital for 2 or 3 weeks. The point at this point for him, IMHO, would not be to make a living but to learn and make cheap mistakes.

Brandon

#31     Sep 5, 2003

2. I agree.. all I am saying is that when you starts to really trade to make a living.. his risk to reward profile will change.

So taking those stats he has now which is based on 100 share lots is not a realistic assesment.

--MIKE

#32     Sep 5, 2003
  3. Hmm $50 a week? ive averaged $175 gross the last 4 weeks. One of those weeks was me trading 2 days. I just raised to 200 shres this week. This was a bad week for me, yes, il agree. I look at average and long term. If i was to look at each day and week seperate id get scared and run away from trading prolly :)

#33     Sep 5, 2003
  4. I'm curious, why would his R/R change?

-FastTrader

#34     Sep 5, 2003
  5. I plan on making my risk to reward better, i was just ppointing out how im doing. That is all i was doing :)

#35     Sep 5, 2003
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

size=slippage

#36     Sep 5, 2003
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Dont worry Joey. I know where you live. You can still buy a 3000 sq foot house for under $10,000 up there (seriously)...so your well on your way to being the richest guy in town :)

Brandon

#37     Sep 5, 2003
  8. HeHe...your right...but im stil going to enjoy kicking your ass when i see you this weekend :D

#38     Sep 5, 2003
  9. On a liquid Nasdaq stock, there really isn't much slippage if you're trading 1-2K sh lots. I've traded 100 sh lots and 1500-2000 sh lots on Naz with no variance in slippage between the 2 sizes.

So, unless Joey is planning on upping size to 5-10K sh lot, I think slippage won't be that much of an issue.

Just my $.02 (-$.01 with slippage)

-FastTrader

#39     Sep 5, 2003

10. You keep on excluding costs of commisions. Please give us a more realistic earnings. Gross figures is not how much $ you really made.

#40     Sep 5, 2003