Jpomerenke's Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jpomerenke, Aug 19, 2003.

1. 8-27-03

Been a little while since i wrote. First day trading this week. I was in kansas city Friday-Tuesday for business. Looked at lots of office space down there. There is plenty of it that is forsure. My partner and i went over business plans, ect for the office. We also had a meeting with the Bright Manger down there. Very nice guy. Then after we worked hard we played hard :D

Ok but to the trading....
    10 cst i got long VRTS @33.22....ended up selling at 33.18...just wasnt doing what i expected as soon as i expected.

Around 10:10 CSt i got long FLML @ 26.82..nice strong stock, bought on breakout. sold half at 27.35, sold other half at 27.70.

At around 12:15cst I got in NKE long at 55.58 (daily triangle) out at 55.71. I left alot of money on the table with this one.

I got in IRF long at 40.07 (daily breakout) stopped at 39.90. I got back in at .98 and stopped again at .91. Great setup....market was just very thin and no range....also the stock was thin.

Got into GDT long @50.38. Nice intraday breakout of base. Exited at 50.48. Left money on the table with this one also. Not a big deal.

Ended the day with +65.50 gross on 1200 shares. Overall a good day seeing as we had around a 5 point range day in the ES.
    Im shooting around 75%+ up days since is started. I am going to up size to 200 shares next week.

#11     Aug 27, 2003
  2. Good work.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but just keep to the plan when you increases size. The increased $ amount or share amt can sometimes make your mind work against you.

Looks like you're doing a good job with everything else.

I took some GDT too today :D

Happy Trading.

#12     Aug 27, 2003
  3. 8-28-03

Great day today! I had my best trading day so far today.

I thought it was going to start out horrible when i opened my platform and my blotter said i was short GDT... It was either a loose trade or i had a working stop order in when i closed up shop yesterday. I called the Sage trading desk and low and behold i must of had a stop in when i closed up shop. (to many drinks after lunch im guessing :p ) But i got lucky and it only opened up .05 from my entry. I covered it right at the open with a .05 lose.

My next trade was i took PIR long at 20.45 around 10 min. into the open. It had a nice gap and was basing on the 5 min. I got out at .40 when the market decided to tank on the Help wanted #s. Crazy that something like that can move the market more than its moved in days.

At 10:13cst. i got into SNIC long at 13.00. It had a nice triangle. I got out at .48 with a 48 dollar gain.

At 10:20 i got into APOL long at 62.34 after it broke into a new high. It was a great setup. All timeframes looked great, nothing holding it back. I left alot of money on the table but got out at .88 with a 54 dollar gain.

at 11:49 i got into DCEL long for a quick scalp. Another simple 5 min base breakout. sold at 9.05 for a quick 12 dollar gain.

At 1:35 i got into CHS long and Also PETM long ...both nice bases, and strong stocks of the day. Both were pretty extended but i thought id take them for a quick scalp hoping market would pick up, and it did. Got out of CHS for a quick 14 dollar gain, and got out of PTEM for a quick 7.80 gain.

Ended up the day gross +125.80 on 1500 shares.

I will not be trading tomorrow. I have plans for the weekend. Next week i am going to up my size to 200 shares.

For this week i only traded yesterday and today. gross +191.30

Hope everyone has a safe, fun weekend!!!

#13     Aug 28, 2003
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Keep up the good work.

Brandon

#14     Aug 28, 2003
  5. As I said earlier, i want to have more than just trading in this journal. I started school this week. I do all my classes online due to my trading and business ventures. Im taking a entrepreneurship class, a e-business class, a ethics class, and a marriage and family. Give me a little variety to my class scedule :D Ill keep ya informed of how they go.

#15     Aug 28, 2003
  6. 9-02-03

Today was my first day to start trading 200 shares a trade. I have been very consistant with 100 shares ( 2 down days in 16 days). It turned out to be a decent trading day even though i didnt fell i traded that well today.

I took PCAR long at the open @ 85.89. The trade went my way very well but then decided to drop like a rock when the market broke down. I rember at one time being up like 180 bucks on the trade ended up selling at 85.75. Very stupid managemnt in this trade. What it all boils down to is i put a break even stop in it because i wanted to to have more room to move. It seemed like avery good longer term trade. could of been worse could of been better. Time to move on.

At around 9:30 cst i took JCOM long at 33.60...it was one of the strongest stocks in teh market after the split, and had a nice bull flag setup. I sold half at 34.45, and sold the other half at .64. Very nice trade.

Around 2 cst time i took FFIV long @ 20.53. It broke the base in that nice round of buying after the ES broke that 1016 barrier. Ended up getting out with a +.01 on it. It just didnt want to move with the market.

My last trade i took was shorting ebay at 54.92. Pretty dumb trade but stuck with the plan. It was very weak and showed no sign of stregnth in any of the buying. Simple as this..i shorted it stopped me and then broke down like a dead dog. Thats how the game works i guess. got out at 55.08.

Over all a good day because i broke my record high again today with a gross +130.20 on 1600 sahres.

I learned from some good msitakes today even though i had a good PNL day. GUess well see how the rest of teh week will go...

#16     Sep 2, 2003
  7. lescor

lescor

Joey, just a suggestion, but have you thought about varying your position size based on the stock's volatility and share price? 200 shares of a $90 stock not the same risk as a $20 stock.

#17     Sep 2, 2003
  8. I have thought aboout it....but keep saying im trading small size now so wait untill i raise size a bit more. I will keep track of this more this week and see how it pans out. Thanks for the advice Corey. i take all advice from good traders very serious.

#18     Sep 3, 2003
  9. Make money 4 out of 5 days for 2 months and I will personally buy you a set of gold teeth to wear while trading. With each winning trade you can smile into your monitor and check out the gold. B......

#19     Sep 3, 2003

10. Can I get a platinum grill?:D

Joey, good work.

#20     Sep 3, 2003