JPJ Trading vs IOAMT vs Profiletraders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by kcgoogler, Dec 16, 2010.

1. I am looking for a honest room which is easy to follow and learn that is based on market profile.

I've identified these three rooms that are good candidates and have been in them for the trials etc but find it hard to evaluate even after being in them, if they are good or not.

IOAMT: seems like the calls are good but he doesnt show his order book and sometimes seems to be calling but not really trading live. Cant be sure though.

Profiletraders: saw him scale into a 12lot on ES recently and hold it overnight. Other than that he seems pretty honest and has a track record posted online also; but a trade like that if goes against you can take away months of your profits IMO.

Have you folks been in any of these rooms and have opinions.

If possible, please lets keep the discussion specific to these vendors.

thanks
    -kcgoogler

2. I like the responses. Better than usual

3. joe4422

joe4422

If the trials weren't easy to follow and didn't convince you, then I think you've answered your own question. Keep looking.

Why do you need a market profile room? There's a big book called the market profile handbook, just read it.

You won't find many specific market profile rooms, but I do think if you go to marketdelta.com you'll find a forum group of market profile users.

4. So ive been in the ioamt room for a few months and can confirm that billy is the slickest snake oil salesman i have seen. I'll never believe anyone in the finance industry unless they show me their audited tax records; its next to impossible for anyone listening to billy to say that he really doesnt trade or is not speaking the truth; but ive got proof that he doesnt really trade. just talks a lot..

He puts on trades (both entries and exits) after the fact and assumes everyone believe he really got those fills. The most hilarious aspect for me is almost every morning he come in either long or short from the overnight low or high and closes a first trade profitable. ha.. go figure.

And if a trade goes really against him he will ssay something vague like "exit on an uptick"; either the market upticks and he puts in a exit at entry price or it never has a single uptick and collapses and he put in an exit a couple of ticks below his entry after ES has moved like 5 points down. Thats cheating; but i guess its ok if all you are doing is marking charts and not really trading.. hahah; and just selling a room for 250$ a month. It will take any one a really long time to know the truth if they are persistent enough to find out..

If any Reza has some credibility; he doesnt show himself a superhero. But his trading style (too many scale ins) to get a small profit and his willingness to take extremely scaled in positions overnight turns me off.

And JPJ is so secretive; that after the experience with ioamt, i can definitely categorize him into snakeoil bucket.

Just wanted to put my thoughts in so that if some newbie comes searching for either of these they have an opinion to consider.

As far as MP is concerned, i think i will just stick with Daltons books for now.

cheers
    -kcgoogler

5. 1) Buy some Steidlemayer books too. :)
    2) You have to figure out the market for yourself and not let someone else do that for you. :cool:

6. yes nazzdack. Ive read Steidelmayer and am at a second take at it.

And yes, i do agree that i will have to learn applying MP principles on my own. But i am just foraying into MP stuff and i wanted to see if there are experts there who have really made it work out for themselves who can shorten my learning curve; and if there is any validity to it. oh.. some of these folks talk so professional that you really think they've got something to teach you. Smooth talkers.. eh..

-kcgoogler

7. 1) Read everything you can in the books.
    2) To identify "initiating range extension", quickly, may be of value to you. It is for me. :cool: