JP Morgan issues rumors about paying LESS for BSC, to avoid what happened with Yahoo.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by crgarcia, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ab08

ab08

Don't shareholders have to approve? Closing is 3mos.
    News has to surface about that BSC is hiding in it's books. $2 is theft unless JPM's cost of $6B is correct (including lawsuits, severance and associated costs with closing a business), so how bad is the balance sheet then?

There's got to be another shoe falling that the FED & JPM already know about.

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Market action clearly saying that:

i) BSC is worth a lot more than the bid price

ii) JPM is getting a steal.

JPM is up 10% today. So the Fed has basically added 10% to JPM's market cap with their funding assistance. In other words, the market value of the bailout was $13 billion profit to JP Morgan shareholders.

Who said the Fed was there to prop up the system? Here we see their true colours - making I-bankers $13 billion in one day by using public funds to back a mercenary opportunistic takeunder.

#22     Mar 17, 2008
  3. Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree that this thing isn't over. BSC employees have cleared out their desks. JPM is running their balance sheet. If you really expect the shareholders to say no, what do you expect to happen to BSC in the meantime? Do you really think they'll reject the vote in three months, when JPM has secured the right to buy the building and kick Bear Sterns out anyway? Just some food for thought...

#23     Mar 17, 2008
  4. :p funny.

I interpreted it this way.
    to avoid what happened with MSFT and YHOO, JPM offers more than what the street expects for BSC!

and the deal is done.

#24     Mar 17, 2008
  5. BSC is worthless. it has negative value.
    that's why the 30billions guarante....

this is a dead cat bounce.
    BSC will go below 2$

#25     Mar 17, 2008
  6. Cheese

Cheese

In hindsight from a point in the not too distant future the purchase of BSC by J P Morgan will look like a wonder stroke. It will bring huge additional value to JPM shareholders. But right now this deal has been fashioned in panic times when rightly the Fed is proactive in ensuring confidence in the whole US banking and credit system.

#26     Mar 17, 2008
  7. This is what happens when you screw up.

You lose. Next time , let the employees and shareholders demand fiscal responsibility. Everyone knew BSC was playing with toxic garbage, but wanted a piece o'dat easy$.

They got the shaft.

What happens to the bondholders here?

#27     Mar 17, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

BSC shares now at $7.15. This is definitely not over yet.

#28     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Finally happened.

They initially offered $2, then $10.

#29     Mar 24, 2008
  10. Offer $2 the shorts cover. Offer $10 they might not. The shorts have voting rights, n'est ce pas?

#30     Mar 24, 2008