Journals

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Nov 2, 2002.

1. My thoughts on Journals:

They're a great contribution to ET. If you read many journals, you will see that the "meat" of the best advice that can be found on ET is contained in journals.

Personally, I closed mine only for the time-being as I get adjusted to trading and can get to that level where I can go back and hopefully add more to this community.

Some people only exist on ET to bust the balls of others. Unfortunately, like the case of Allen's journal, it really drives people away from keeping a journal.

There will always be wackos circulating around ET -- but it is that collective bunch of "good guys" that keeps me and many others glued to this board.

Why let others dictate your actions? Since I've come to ET, my skin has gotten thicker than leather. I've slowly come to find out who among the users on ET are idiots and jackasses and who are great sources of information.

#21     Nov 2, 2002
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

All things considered, I'd rather read Commisso, language or no language, than randynutts.

--Db

#22     Nov 2, 2002
  3. Uhhh thank you, I think...

#23     Nov 2, 2002
  4. When was the last time Commisso offered strategies? When was the last time he really offered any view of the market or posted any trades? I doubt he even trades. Yes, I'm going out on a limb and assuming he doesn't trade at all.

I hear a lot of "your mind is this" and "your perception is that," sprinkled with quibits of interesting humor and borrowing from this Eastern book or that western philosopher.

Who's profit statement is any stronger because of this type of shit? If he's going to talk the talk, let's see some posted trades. Start a journal, Commissio.

#24     Nov 2, 2002
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Seems like there's a pot calling a kettle black here.

--Db

#25     Nov 2, 2002
  6. I've posted trades, I've made calls -- I've accepted being wrong in front of 14,000 people. The difference here is that some people sit there and yap and never really contribute. Sure I've said stupid things in the past, but I stand by all my mistakes. I'm only human -- yet Commissio, along with Max401, Optional777 and a select few others are just a contamination to intelligent discussion.

#26     Nov 2, 2002
  7. :p :p :D tic-toc-tic-toc

#27     Nov 2, 2002
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Which is what Ignore is for.

--Db

#28     Nov 2, 2002
  9. me too:)i like his liberal use of smiley faces:)

hey commisso, say something smart:)

#29     Nov 2, 2002
  10. Your signature fits your personality dead on.

#30     Nov 2, 2002