Journals and Statements

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cabletrader, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Thank you friend. Our previous misunderstandings, notwithstanding, I wish you only the best. Life is too short to live in negativity. Let's leave that to the Reaver's of the world.

#11     Mar 30, 2008
  2. I agree. I guess BnB Analytics is in on the gig to trash allenhobbs' rep too.

He is denying that it's his page, but why in the HELL would BnB endorse a page that was totally fabricating negative information about him? I don't think that flamer allen is drumming up good business for him on ET, and if it wasn't true, why would BnB Analytics have linked to the damn page?
    :confused:

Hey who knows, it is just very odd, and like you said being skeptical is second nature. if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, right?

#12     Mar 30, 2008
  3. HamptonsTrader/RacerGX3R, how's your hangover?

Statements are everything in a Journal like mine as one has to show the progression or lack thereof of the underlying thesis. Personally, I'm not computer savy enough to doctor up anything, except maybe a Word document and it was only a week or so ago I posted a thread asking for software to help me post screenshots because I didn't know how to do that. (It sure has made my life easier then trying to post my trades as close to realtime as possible on the thread.)

In any event, if at the end of the period anyone cares to verify the results with my broker, I will gladly let that happen. Moreover, if someone cares to spend his hard earned money and pay to have those statements audited, then I have no objection to that either. In fact, they will receive nothing but full cooperation from my broker.

Real results. Full disclosure. Full transparency.

Now what else will you come up with to discredit me?

#13     Mar 30, 2008
  4. HamptonsTrader, try to stay on topic. No one believes nor cares about this BnB jag your on so if you insist on carrying on about, go the the appropriate thread in chit chat.

#14     Mar 30, 2008
  5. Blotters, while not necessary, do provide realistic information on a trader, their performance and their growth.

FTR, the PnL 2008 et al, threads are by far and away the most rationale, enjoyable, bullshit free and heavily moderated portion of Elite Trader.

It's enjoyable to see the traders encounter, deal with, and (hopefully) overcome all the real-world struggles we face as traders. Sometimes people do fail, and have to go back to the 9 and 5 world, and while that is not enjoyable, that most definitiely is a part of this reality.

Only the strong survive.
    If the issue of this thread is the legitimacy of posting statements and blotters, and whether it is usefull or not, some of the best traders who have ever gone through ET will have to say that it is legitimate to post them, because that is what they've done. :cool:

Good trading.

#15     Mar 30, 2008
  6. And if goes by the name of HamptonsTrader or RacerGX3R it is still Reaver, God bless his pointed little head.

#16     Mar 30, 2008
  7. On second thought, don't waste your breath, cable. Those that are dumb enough to not know any better won't be helped by you telling them.

Fraudsters will always be able to find ignorant ears willing to listen.

#17     Mar 30, 2008
  8. Holy cow. How true! Do you think anyone is listening to you and your merry prankster aliases, HamptonsTrader and RacerGX3R.

Give a liar enough rope and sure as shit he'll hang himself.

#18     Mar 30, 2008
  9. There are two conversations going on here.

1. Is allenhobbs a legitimate trader?

2. Is posting blotters/statements a legitmate activity to do to show your performance on Elite Trader?
    In regards to number:

1. I honestly don't know ... he certainly appears to be as legitimate as any other poster here on Elite Trader (and yes, that's a left-handed compliment).

But if Reaver really has an issue with his legitimacy, by all means let him voice his concerns, here or anywhere else (except allenhobbs' Journal. That is about trading, regardless of whether anyone believes he is actually doing it or not, and it should remain as such).

2. Like I said before, a ton of good traders have come and gone from this place, and the only trail they left is in the PnL Journals. Now, if their integrity is called into question (which is what this Journal does do, in part) I most definitely will defend them (not that they need me to, LOL :p ).

Everyone have a nice weekend ... oh, and good trading to all you (including the moderators moderating this thread), at the end of the day it is the only thing that matters to me. :cool:

#19     Mar 30, 2008
  10. This is where I just don't understand the point of all these one-line performance journals (Buy here, Sell there, I made x pips look how clever I am) or journals that just consist of statements. I'm not singling anyone out here, every trading forum has trading call threads. Putting your thoughts out there about how you're viewing the market, what you're thinking, how you're going to get into and out of a trade, they're all useful and helpful and things which other traders can identify with. I've been in the game a while but I still come across gems of wisdom in these journals that I find extremely useful, sometimes it might only be really obvious stuff that I just hadn't realized before, it's still valuable though.

Whether the journal author took the trades or not doesn't really matter (unless he's going to share his profits with us all!)

Maybe it has something to do with trading being a very solitary business, no-one to see how great (or awful!) we are at what we do other than the bank manager! There's been times when I've made an absolutely ace trade, perfect, doesn't happen that often but when it does it's a bit of an anti-climax because no-one else saw me do it and no-one would believe me if I told them after!

Each to their own I guess, as always.

Have a great week everyone, don't forget the clocks went forward in UK so the European session starts an hour earlier!

#20     Mar 30, 2008