Journal XburbX - My Plan

Discussion in 'Journals' started by xburbx, Jul 20, 2012.

1. xburbx

xburbx

Stop out

#21     Jul 25, 2012
  2. xburbx

xburbx

Done for the day. I am going to have to do end of day summaries as posting while trading is a distraction. Two losses and two wins today. The wins were small but so were the losses. Overall small net positive. More importantly I stuck to the plan even when certain things looked tempting. I am taking images of each days trading, making notes live and then reviewing. I have made some adjustments to the plan that dialed in current rules. It didnt add any guidelines that are outside of the ones I have, just specified rules within the current ones. Personal clarity.

New money in my account is better than money in someone elses

#22     Jul 25, 2012
  3. Redneck

Redneck

That's what friends do :)

Whenever you are ready

My only concern - is too much too quickly - to assimilate properly

I'll be following your lead

No other way...

And now you are understanding the "it is what it is" comment I made last week... No room for shits and giggles

Always

RN

#23     Jul 25, 2012
  4. Redneck

Redneck

I question this trade - specifically the timing of it..., because

if my math is correct - wasn't this ~1:00 PM EST..., which would put it at the latter part of the lunch time lull

Recall my comment about when no volume exists

eta; maybe volume was coming back in???

RN

#24     Jul 25, 2012
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Good trading Today XB :)

Edit for accuracy - hope you don't mind (simply reinforcing an important point)

RN

#25     Jul 25, 2012
  6. xburbx

xburbx

Rn

With my current plan I actually do take trades during that time. After I get a bigger sample size I am going to look at that for sure. I need more trades that are under as similar conditions as possible to rule in/out tendencies like that time and volume. Right now I trade anytime after 1030 am . Near eod if I take a trade there needs to be enough time to get to target. For example - I won't enter a trade at 345. Not enough ample time to form a trade I am trying to manage.

#26     Jul 25, 2012
  7. xburbx

xburbx

I like it.

#27     Jul 25, 2012
  8. Redneck

Redneck

fwiw

I use a bigger TF to map out the mine field..., and potential pitfalls

More than once I’ve seen;

Price gap to a S or R on the larger TF – then fail

Price gap to the other side of a S or R – then zoom off

Today for instances; it gapped into no mans land, moved up to an R, then came crashing down from whence it originated – yesterday

-------------------------

Maybe we can have a conversations about the actors, and the roll(s) they play – in due course… of course

RN

#28     Jul 25, 2012
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Good nuff... I also have a similar goin home time

RN

#29     Jul 25, 2012
  10. xburbx

xburbx

Don't take this the wrong way as I know there is a lot of merit to what you are saying, but I am going to leave that out of my daily decision making for the time being. As I become more better and better at trading, I would love to revisit it.

#30     Jul 25, 2012