Journal XburbX - My Plan

Discussion in 'Journals' started by xburbx, Jul 20, 2012.

1. xburbx

xburbx

This journal is for my own accountability. I will not get into proving anything or playing the "is it real money" conversation. If you don't like what you read, please just read somewhere else. The exact ins and outs of my plan will not be posted but I will post pictures and trades. They will be after the fact as it is too much effort to post during. This is not a call thread so it really doesnt matter. I'm selling nothing. I dont win all the time, I do have losing days and I can't predict the future. It starts Monday.

Forward thanks to TO and RN

2. xburbx

xburbx

Watching EXC. Being patient. Only two stocks look like they might fit in today. EXC and MRK. MRK probably won't offer a trade.

3. xburbx

xburbx

No trades today. Waited for the right setup but never got it.

4. Redneck

Redneck

Ain’t this an absolute truth of trading – for us both…

=========================================================

Permission to hop aboard Sir… and possibly ask some questions??

Btw;

I’ll absolutely (100%) respect your decision not to disclose the answer any/ all question(s) I ask….

But please; make sure you do have the answer(s) :)

===================================================

As for waiting for the right set up today – B E A U T I F U L

Never, and I mean never….; try to make something happen – when it simply ain’t there

Fwiw;

It will always be obvious after the fact – but that is not the business we’re in… nor can we ever afford to be

We trade what we see…. (which includes sittin on our hands at times - or getting out and enjoying the day )

RN

5. xburbx

xburbx

Rn

Of course youre welcome to ask, post and or suggest.
    There are only a few people on here that I read and think about everything they have written and you are one of them. So by all means have at it.

I had a possible scenario for the two stocks that were in Play today but neither materialized. No big deal. Cash in my account is better than cash in someone else's. :)

6. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You

Ahh hell man – talk about pressure…..

Only one who’s opinion is really worth listening to :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps

================================================

a few questions; and a yes or no - is absolutely acceptable.. as is I prefer not to answer

You have a way of identifying stops (where the trade fails)

Are your stops measured in pennies… or possibly a nickel, plus/minus a few pennies

You have a way to determine a direction (aka a trend)

You have a way to determine trend from chop

You prefer riding the trend

You have a way (tools) to build context

Using any indicators

Any interest in time

=========================================

My assumptions

MTFA
    You’re trading off one, and it’s the usual one

=====================================

Just getting my bearings so I can somewhat intelligently follow along

And for the record, any potential compromising question/ thought I may have – will be sent to you – if you get my drift

Always Sir... always (well except when its in mine :D)

Trade well tomorrow, regardless the outcome
    RN

7. xburbx

xburbx

You have a way of identifying stops (where the trade fails) -
    A: Yes - Self debate but I believe my conclusion is acceptable. So far

Are your stops measured in pennies… or possibly a nickel, plus/minus a few pennies
    A: Not sure I understand this. Pennies if I understand the question

You have a way to determine a direction (aka a trend)
    A:Yes

You have a way to determine trend from chop

You prefer riding the trend

You have a way (tools) to build context
    A: Yes, but the tools are very very simple.

Using any indicators
    A: No

Any interest in time
    A: Yes

MTFA - Yes but not too many TF's

8. xburbx

xburbx

Watching XOM, PEP, COP and BAX. I still have some time before any of them present a possible trade but just keeping an eye on them.

9. xburbx

xburbx

Might be another no trade day. Price is moving away from where I would enter so unless it makes a stiff turn around in the afternoon......cash in my account is better than cash in someone elses

10. xburbx

xburbx

Looks like no trades today. I saw some trades that I have been debating adding to the arsenal for a couple of weeks. They set up nice. For now, I am going to leave them out. I am still looking to continue to refine what I am doing and I don't want to muddy the waters. I need to continue with the confidence in exactly how I am trading now and add to it after some time.

Looking at how todays charts are rounding out, I would imagine tomorrow should bring some chances to get in.

#10     Jul 24, 2012