Journal of trader um (aka traderum)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by traderum, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Result after 17 hours: +48k (+9.6%)

#51     Dec 13, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

From IB website:

Trader Workstation Demos:

The Trader Workstation (TWS) is our full-featured java-based trading and order entry application. The TWS demo mirrors the actual TWS in both form and function except market data is simulated based on the previous week's ticks and orders are not actually executed and cleared. However, TWS functionality will be identical to the actual application.

Availability:

The IB TWS demo is available from 00:20 - 23:50, seven days a week. If you experience technical difficulties with the demo system please email tac@interactivebrokers.com.

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=tws

This explains a lot Traderum. If you really think you are on to something then move on to papertrading and see how you do. Functionality means the only reason demo accounts exist are to practice entering orders. In fact, it appears that it is set-up so that you look as if you are making money because this is the only free thing on IB website that you can download. In the marketing world this is referred to as bait and switch. They hook you in thinking that you are going to make fortunes, get you to fund your account, then and only then do they let you papertrade. Show us how you do. I would say that there is reasonable doubt that your offer of 'running' other peoples money may be something other than legit. A couple off the cuff remarks on posts about US troops and terrorism didn't help your cause. Good luck, start a journal with papertrading.

#52     Dec 13, 2009

3. Yes, they write so, I already had remarked what they write in my own postings here.
    But I also said that it is not true what is written there.
    The Demo is real, if you are a trader then it should be easy to see that
    the response you get to your actions is real, not simulated, and not any old data.
    The action happens now. If you place an order and follow what happens
    then you get a feeling whether it's real or not. I say it is real! Believe it or not!
    Hey, have you yourself ever worked with the Demo? I guess no.
    So who do you think can judge it better, you or me?
    FYI: I test it for several weeks now.

I told you it doesn't matter, because my method works in any environment
    (demo, paper, real), and also independent of exchange.

You tell me nothing new.

The question was why I need "so much" capital (>=100k) and why not use a small amount and use compounding.... I gave an example:
    even the mighty US military needs more troops (some reserves) to win a war, that's the same reason why I need some "reserves": to win the trading war.
    My method requires a high buying power (ie. some reserves for the worst case situation).

Hey, I go my way and you should go your way, I'm not interested in anyhing you sceptics say. I have my own head. Please respect this.

#53     Dec 13, 2009
  4. new day, new luck: today (Monday) I started about 2 hours ago. +4k so far.

#54     Dec 14, 2009
  5. I've been unable to use charts in the TWS Demo since I started using it (some weeks now),
    I thought it maybe is a limitation of the demo.
    But, it wasn't that important to me.
    I know T/A good, but don't use it anymore.

Anyway...,
    today I installed the latest Unix beta and to my surprise charts work fine now! :)

Imagine: I made my said profits without using any charts! ie. blind trading :)
    (but I use a simple market scanner of my own for picking the instruments I should trade. it also gives hints when to exit etc.).

#55     Dec 14, 2009
  6. cvds16

cvds16

I fully support this post. I can't see why Magma hasn't banned this poster from ET yet. There have been bans for far far lesser things on ET !

#56     Dec 14, 2009
  7. Ooops. things change so fast... I'm in the reds: -2.5% ... :-(
    EDZ makes me problems (-8% on a big position).
    But nothing is lost yet... :)
    I'll apply my super duper strategy and win the battle, I hope so... :)

#57     Dec 14, 2009
  8. FYI: I got a warning from the mod saying "No Free Advertising or Recruiting or Soliciting". I replied "Ok mod".

#58     Dec 14, 2009
  9. Yep, the EDZ MM is bored of my kind of trading, he gives up. Now only -0.7%... (remember it was -8% ! :)

Ooops.. he changed his mind... goes again back... -1.9%...
    He will come back to my price, he has no other chance... time&thecrowd are working in my favor... :)

BTW, acct now up +12k (+2.4%) since start today.

PFE too seems to have some problems with my Put options worth more than 50k... :)

#59     Dec 14, 2009
  10. ctd.

EDZ now is on the zero line and applies the usual psycho games to force me "to close without loss" etc. :)
    I'm not interested... :)
    BTW, the pos is very big (about 250k :)

It seems I've upset him :) He goes back to -4.5% :)))

Update:
    I'll make him an offer of +3% for me, let's see how he reacts... :)

Yes, he seems to accept my offer... :) not finished yet... tbc

#60     Dec 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.