Journal of trader um (aka traderum)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by traderum, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. re IBM: as expected: I beat him :) More than 20k profit from IBM.
    Total profit in the last 13 hours: +32k (+6.4%) as can be seen in the attachment:

#41     Dec 13, 2009
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

I remind everyone that traderum stated in his first post that he was trading via the IB Demo. Since then he has posted numerous screen-shots that clearly say in bright red/white letters DEMO SYSTEM. So he's not trying to fool anyone, and he's not trying to sell anything. In other words, if this thread bothers you then please move on to one that doesn't. And if you post here please keep it civil and respectful. Thanks.

#42     Dec 13, 2009
  3. Tide31

Tide31

Thanks Magna, I in fact have had things I felt strongly about moved to Chit Chat for far less. Young traders following Traderum's journal might get the wrong impression that markets do in fact trade 24/7 for 'professional and institutional' traders when clearly this is not the case. I would encourage anyone to start trading and Demo then papertrading is the right way to track your progress. We tried to help him initially, as you can see, in a previous thread he initiated, to realize that the prices he gets are computer generated and NOT realistic. Demo mode is strictly to get used to placing and canceling orders and not to track results, this can be confirmed by IB. To promote a journal of someone posting results from such a test sends the wrong message to young or newbie traders that it is in fact easier than it looks. In demo mode you can place orders $2 below the market and get hit because the demo wants to show you how to see orders placed and filled so you get used to entering them. Mistakes, 'fat finger' for instance, as we all know cost us money and demo mode serves the purpose of avoiding exactly this. I have no problem with this gentleman posting whatever he likes, I for one just believe after we tried to correct and encourage him in previous thread only to get rebuffed time and time again that this journal might be better off at this point in Chit Chat. His first post in previous thread was a solicitation for offshore funds to financially back his 5% daily guaranteed 'beta-tested' results from an IB demo mode track record. Clearly ET can see the danger in this, a guarantee of returns is an SEC violation, and would be best for all including ET not to promote this.
    -Tide

#43     Dec 13, 2009
  4. Thx mod, very much appreciated.

#44     Dec 13, 2009
  5. Too bad, made a bad decision when I bought some too expensive BNS options :-(
    I try to get out of it with no or minimal loss. Hope it will work out.

#45     Dec 13, 2009
  6. I stand by what I said: yes, I make daily at least 5% (but I never guaranteed it;
    I just said that I ask only for the excess profits beyond 5%, ie. if I make >5%).
    And: it doesn't matter whether it is in IB Demo or in real trading, my method works in any trading environment/exchange or country.
    My problem is that I simply don't have the required capital to apply this method in real trading (it requires >= 100k).
    Therefore I don't think there is a problem when I look for a prop firm or an investor via this site. If yes, then I'm sorry.

#46     Dec 13, 2009
  7. Tide31

Tide31

Sir, if one performs a search of your posts in previous threads, there are too many to post links, where you claim there is 'no risk' to giving you money, 'offering 5 % intraday'. I can't be bothered with this as the moderator says. I suggest you spend some time on the following sites though: finra.org and sec.gov

#47     Dec 13, 2009
  8. I don't know of which demo you are talking here, but in IB Demo the above said cannot happen since the IB Demo is much like real trading.
    So, I would say you are spreading false information.

#48     Dec 13, 2009
  9. You bring it out of context.
    I said "there is 'practically' no risk for the investor, but the trader has the risk
    that should he make less than 5% that then he earns nothing".

Yes, I offer 5% intraday as described in the previous postings.
    The first 5% of the profits go verbatim to the investor, I earn only the rest,
    regarded there is any "rest" (ie. if the profit I make is >5%).
    If I make only 3% then it is the investors profit, not mine.
    If I make a loss of 2% then too bad for everybody, that wasn't intended, but in such matters (trading) one can't guarantee anything in advance.
    But, the statistics of my trades show clearly that I make on average at least 5% daily.
    I don't know how else one should formulate such an offer. If you know any better then let me know. TIA.

#49     Dec 13, 2009
  10. Yippea! It really worked out, and I even made 11.8k (!) profit! :)
    The initiative came even from the MM himself, he made me an offer! Even a very good offer I must say. That was really unexpected. Thx BNS MM! :)

Now, up +48k (+9.6%) in 17 hours.
    --> see next posting

#50     Dec 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.