Journal of trader um (aka traderum)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by traderum, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've beaten the AIG MM again!
    With AIG I made about 20k today, and not a single loss! :)

#11     Dec 11, 2009
  2. (fix:)

I've beaten the AIG MM again!
    With AIG I made about 20k in the last 24hrs, and not a single loss! :)

#12     Dec 11, 2009
  3. Attached is the result of my trading in the last 24 hours.
    Some positions are still open.
    Net result is $41k (8.2%) profit in 24 hours.

BTW, the total maximum used at any time was about $150k.

If there is interest in the trade list let me know.

#13     Dec 12, 2009
  4. Tide31

Tide31

I am starting to think you actually do believe there is a human you are interacting with, a Market Maker, that works 24 hours a day seven days a week servicing your demo account. Why don't you try World of Warcraft and spare your 'fellow traders' this pain. I am convinced you're either at an asylum and they give you internet access, or you are 11 years old. There can be no other explanation. :-(

#14     Dec 12, 2009
  5. You can think whatever you want. I wrote that I even make deals with the MMs.
    You maybe wonder how this is happening; ok, if I have packed the MM by his balls then I dictate him my price, soon or later he accepts it, otherwise he is blocked in the small range I've forced and switched him to, his only option is to stay there, but this he cannot hold a long time because the crowd forces him to move... Mostly he accepts my offer and that's it. A gentlemens agreement if you want. But I had also some pig MMs who didn't hold word, so I'm more cautious, and do not negotiate much anymore when he is dependent on me, not the other way around... So I can dictate my conditions...
    But I let them live, for about 7.5% profit of course... :)

FYI: there are many market makers, I think most of them handle just one stock and its options, but I can also imagine that some MMs do handle more than just one stock.

BTW, it is a strategy game, like chess...

#15     Dec 12, 2009
  6. A new day, a new luck: +4k so far (in about 2hrs),
    but the day is long (24h), many things can happen...

#16     Dec 12, 2009
  7. BTW, everybody can make himself a MM of a stock if he has enough capital and knowledge. The MM buys a big number of shares when the price is low, and deals with it for a profit, ie. the usual biz in the markets, buy low - sell high, and repeat...

#17     Dec 12, 2009
  8. This is of course only after negotiations (the MMs know what I mean), w/o negotiations I hold the position as long as I like.

#18     Dec 12, 2009
  9. BTW, the MM of JPM is the greediest MM I ever traded with yet.

#19     Dec 12, 2009
  10. +7k as of now :)
    Currently holding 9 positions worth about 130k in total.

#20     Dec 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.