Journal of a 90% win rate trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PhoneticNachos, Dec 19, 2021.

1. #51     Jun 10, 2022
  2. wmwmw

wmwmw

At collective 2, there are hundred of thousands strategies.There are strategies that have +90% win rate which people avoid.
    Because all of these +90% win rate strategies are
    martingale gambling strategies.
    And all martingale gambling strategies blow up at the end.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    #52     Jun 10, 2022
    SunTrader, d08 and rb7 like this.
  3. Georpe

Georpe

How do you like Edgewonk? I couldn't get past having to manually input all of my trades (NT user) when I looked at it (vs the ease of Tradervue import).

#53     Jun 10, 2022
  4. It's ok, I don't think I will rebuy the subscription, but I will use it for the year, and look elsewhere.

I agree the manual entries are a little tedious, I really just want an all in one place like Mint/Personal Capital for forex.

After not having the ability to really even see my trades after Oanda removed the features, it is nice to see them again.

#54     Jun 10, 2022
    Georpe likes this.
  5. How I trade is a simple thing. The best way to trade well is to control the mental side.

I am a contrarian price action intraday trader.

I scale into my trades with a top down approach from monthly/weekly.

Look for good setups versus daily levels and entry off the hour, maybe down to 15 min if I really want to watch for the “shakeouts”.
    But this usually is the type of thinking that is like trying to save money by driving to a much further away gas station to save a penny per gallon. When your bigger problems are all the other things you spend money on.

Really simple setups, why complicate things? I use naked charts even, TA didn’t help any of my relatives with stocks, etc or the guys I learned forex from.

I do read a lot of macro trends and news each morning, and read Bloomberg/WSJ/reddit.

I have no ulterior motives, there’s tons of people who trade better than I do/make more money.

I am still learning and improving.

I just got comfortable trading over a $10k account size in 2020.

#56     Jun 13, 2022
    easymon1 likes this.
  6. maxinger

maxinger

There seem to be no actual trades in this thread.

but there are hundreds of your nice-looking results.
    are you trying to sell the 90% trading package?

my former forex trading coaches (unsuccessful traders actually)
    did likewise.

#57     Jun 13, 2022
    Global OptionsTrades and DevBru like this.
  7. No, just like to keep a journal and talk to other traders, using the money for real estate next year.

Even my friends IRL who literally sat next to me as I told them exactly what to do couldn't do it on their own.
    The impetus to learn to be a successful trader long term is too daunting for most people to overcome sadly.

I have no desire to babysit people, and even if I sent out "signals", you would still have to execute the trade.
    And knowing when to buy/sell and handling the psychology of money on the line is what tilts most people, so again, they will most likely still not do it right.

If I told you to buy say EUR/USD at an certain point, by the time you did the same trade, it wouldn't even be at the same point. Which could completely nullify the trade.

Realistically though if you were someone who knew what they were doing, that margin of execution error between points should still let you profit from it.

But this goes to show why those type of "signal" services are disingenuous. It is preying on gullible people who want easy, spoon fed answers, like all the brain dead RepubliQan Trumpers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    #58     Jun 13, 2022