Journal of a 90% win rate trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PhoneticNachos, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Yeah, with trade restrictions on accounts though it would behoove me to trade a more regimented system.

#41     Dec 26, 2021

2. Don't plan to post much, busy with life/work trading, merely to have records saved on public forums and a way for dedicated people to get in touch.

I am much more active on discord and twitter even then these type of tiny forums.

Also, who saves bad trades? lol Of course I share good trades, only a fool would think I only have good trades.

#42     Apr 26, 2022
  3. Part of why I am brief in posts/content is that I just get tired of writing after spending 40-50+ hours a week at my job doing this lol.

I love forex, enjoy talking, and teaching people in person both in jobs/life and with how to trade, so maybe the time will be in the future I really focus on youtube someday.

Like I have said here, and across most of the other forex forums using this same screen name, I typically have pulled out money from my forex account to fund monthly discretionary spending.

Now that I don’t need the money, I have been able to let it “compound” more, and reap larger profits.

Life happens.
    Things have come up, I am not going to bare my soul too deeply to strangers, and go into depressing dialogues about personal/family problems/issues/drama.
    Some of which necessitated me to help me/them with unexpected financial problems.

The point being, that you should be skeptical of me, and anyone else online. And I am not even trying to sell anyone anything lol.

#43     May 28, 2022
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. My trading strategy/insight is derived the most, from the fact that I have read literally hundreds of investing and financial books;
    from personal finance skills/process, to financial independence, retirement strategy and planning, tax rules/laws, credit management, estate planning, stock trading, dividend stock investing, psychology, sociology, specific forex books, commodities, Macro and Micro Economics, real estate investing, and on and on.

I used to write a dividend investing blog, and have been planning to publish a few different types of books when I ever have time to finish them, curated hundreds of articles.

And have over 6k bookmarks in Chrome and meticulously categorized tabs and folders going back to around 2005.

#44     May 28, 2022
    beginner66 likes this.
  5. Everyone is going to trade a little different, because the YOU that makes up you as a trader, your individual trading psychology is pretty much the most important thing you need to gain control over, before you will ever be consistently profitable.

To use myself, as a contrarian intra day price action trader, I set up weekly looks usually Monday morning, because Sunday night is so thin on orders, and setups usually.

I only trade that if I have already in profit trades open and not closed out.

I like to sell out by 3pm Friday 99% of the time, if not by the same time on Thursday.

Over trading is just as bad as under trading, just from different impulse points.

You have to maintain your locus of control at all time.

Never revenge trade.

Never trade with the same pair after a defined lost trade/close out/stop loss is hit, UNLESS it is able to show a trade setup that you are able to profit from.

And as a rule in that instance I tell people to only trade with 25% of their typical opening/first trade.

#45     May 28, 2022
  6. To circle back to the YOU part, if I open a trade with my favorite pair, EUR/AUD
    Nowadays I start with at least $500 a trade, so a good setup is one that is within the range of the previous close, depending on if I want to go long/short i.e. buy or sell the pair.

Since I do not care about where a pair goes, only that I am positioned to have the most likely percentage of profit, from the statistical outcome and the best probabilistic range, this again is how I limit the variables, and maintain my locus of control.

#46     May 28, 2022
  7. The way I trade is part in how I look at things, context is key.

To me, the markets move in wave like patterns, just like people move in herds.

I don’t care about where it goes, I just want to be able to “surf” the next most likely wave’s crest/trough, based on the amplitude of the pair, the impulse of the market, and the way the trades “wavelength” is trending.

The great thing about this method, is I can just sit here and look at any pair in real time and see if it is in a position to trade, with usually no indicators needed at all.

The only ones I use, just provide context to the time frame I happen to be in, which for me, because of how I trade is usually the 8h, because I like to see each 24 hour market day broken up into easy to see quadrants.

#47     May 28, 2022
  8. Visualization, conceptualization, your mental framework, how you approach each trading day session is very important things to make daily habits around.

Why you should only trade when you are happy/positive.

There’s always another day to trade coming, NEVER force trades.

Start the day off right, no need to gorge yourself, but a simple light breakfast is a good way to help maintain energy/focus.

( I spent the first 12 years of my life wanting to be a scientist, and study the brain, and in particular early childhood development, and what made some kids flourish/ develop into Gifted kids, and others to struggle well below their age range.)

Take care of your brain, maintain proper macronutrient and vitamin levels.

Make your bed, take a shower etc, clean and tidy your trading area first, before you ever make a trade.

A zen desk, leads to zen trades

#48     May 28, 2022
  9. “In the chaos of desperation, find the calm of control”.

I had a good couple weeks, and I definitely see the merit of the shift in my trading style.

That just waiting at least 15 minutes before you close a trade in profit, or wait further before opening a trade in a moving period; letting the trade impulse extend or retract a little more.

Similar to fishing, and waiting to cast into calm waters.

Threw $600 in an account on May 11, up to $1,900 now, roughly a 218% return in like 11 trading days.

Stay a perpetual student, nobody is above learning new insights from anyone. Stay humble.

#49     May 28, 2022
  10. Just got Edgewonk, so this is what that time period looks like, the data seems off from what actually happened, not sure if there’s settings that are messing with the data from the .crv file I pulled from Oanda.

https://profile.edgewonk.app/profile/5640/17612?xauth=e81059a6eec8ee95cdf64dd3f191d613

Still, cool to see it finally after so long with such limited information.

That 74% win rate is probably a good running average, as I grow my account, my win rates tend to go up, because I can spread out my risk better, and still hit my weekly profit goals, I am a much more aggressive trader on accounts under $5-10k.

#50     May 28, 2022