Journal of 123 Setups

Discussion in 'Journals' started by persama, Jun 27, 2005.

1. persama

persama

I'm hoping to set the ball rolling for a discussion of trading with 123 formations, after there's been some interest expressed in this method recently in other forums.

These 123 formations can be traded on virtually any instrument and any time-scale. Personally I use these setups to trade the highly volatile Nasdaq stocks by using daily charts.

You can always yahoo for "123 trading overview" to look for more information about the 123 formations.

I use a derivation of 123 system. Only I trade these setups for trend continuation instead of trend reversal as suggested by the original idea.

Let's hope we can get some interesting discussion going and find some good trades here.

2. persama

persama

Watchlist for Jun 27, 2005

Potential 123 trades:

GOLD, NDAQ, VPHM

3. persama

persama

Watchlist for Jun 28, 2005

Potential 123 trades:

DSTl, GOLD, ILMN, LIFC, UPCS

Updates:

NDAQ - Broke Point #2 (19.50). Recommended Initial Stop at 17.74

VPHM - Lower High is formed. Trade abandoned.

4. I tried to find some info about the 1-2-3 system and I just get pointed to a bunch of snake-oil websites. Do you have the PDF or know where I might get it?

Thanks.

5. FT79

FT79

6. Are you using the Joe Ross 123?
    Or one of the various 123 pivot methods?

7. toby400

toby400

Hi
    Nice idea but could you post charts please?

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys,

If you want to post the rules/charts of 123 setups then you'll need to copy/paste the information here rather than provide links to commercial sites. And that includes sites that are knee-deep with Ads By Google as those ads link directly to fee-based websites that are non-sponsors of ET. In other words, any link to a site with Ads By Google is essentially promoting those ad-linked websites, whether you intend it or not, and whether or not you personally receive click-thru money for those ads. Thanks.

9. Hi persama,

As you're using this as a trend continuation pattern, what method do you use to determine if a trend is in place? Just a simple moving average or something more complicated?

10. persama

persama

Watchlist for Jun 29, 2005

Potential 123 trades:

ASFI, CKCM, DGIN, ENTU, ILMN, ITRI, LIFC, LUFK, OTIV, PGIC, SMTS, SPNC, STLW, UHCO, UPCS

Updates:

DSTI - A lower High is formed. Trade abandoned.

GOLD - A lower High is formed. Trade abandoned.

#10     Jun 29, 2005