Journal - My Switch From IB to Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mBear, Jan 8, 2004.

1. murky

murky

Doesn't say anything except "we rent some space in data centers." Big deal.

My first impression is: I could pay $9/month with Yahoo hosting, and my web pages would be hosted in similar data centers.

#61     Dec 17, 2005
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Ask anyone in the know. Velocity rocks. They never go down. Period.

#62     Dec 17, 2005
  3. TGM

TGM

I use IB for some things. I also use TT through another broker (not Velocity). I have heard good things about Velocity from traders who generally do NOT like any broker. So they have to be ok.

I originally opened up the IB account and moved money there from another stock broker. I thought it would be cool to be able to trade several products under one account without having to pay Morgan Stanley/ BearStearns commissions.

Ib has exceeded my expectations. It is faster than I expected it to be. I have done quite a few cash currency trades on IB and find them to be great. I have no complaints as of yet. I have had to call customer service a couple times and no problems getting through. I expected the worse on the Customer service side and have been surprised (or maybe lucky).

I use Zerolinetrader for a front end for IB and it works well. The big advantage with IB is the data feed. For smaller traders not tying up a ton of money in a data feed every month could be a big plus.

TT has been great and it is addictive. I have used it off and on since the first day it rolled out in the CBot (late 2000??). I would encourage any high volume scalper to do the numbers and lease a seat if it makes sense and check out TT.

I have always kept 2-3 accounts open. I like doing a lot of business with one broker and then have a couple others in for back up in case somethings goes south. Brokers come and go.

I have not found a problem with IB yet. Considering the size of their operations that has surprised me. I have yet to hear a major bitch about TT (except the price---but you pay for what you get). I have yet to hear anyone cry about Velocity.

The stock account I moved to IB was with Tradestation. They suck IMO. They did not even have a Eurex feed up after a 11 months of them telling me it was coming ---thats not good. You have to have different accounts for everything at TRAD. I would never use them. I am surprised the stock is rallying.

Just my 2cents

TGM

#63     Dec 17, 2005