Journal - My Switch From IB to Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mBear, Jan 8, 2004.

1. mBear

mBear

The "eating" begins as MDT counts contractrs at 113650, the background turns to white.

#41     Jan 20, 2004
  2. mBear

mBear

The eating continues as 113650 was the offer but is now the bid. MDT shows the price has still not risen past 113650.

#42     Jan 20, 2004
  3. mBear

mBear

MDT shown previously with blue bars to indicate volume at each tick. (This is cummulative since I started it at approximately 9AM EST.)

Now, numerical values have been enabled so that the exact volume is given at each tick.

#43     Jan 20, 2004
  4. mBear

mBear

Finally, a screen shot with orders entered. Five lot sell at 113900 and five lot buy at 113475. To enter a buy, just click on the blue cell corresponding to your bid. To enter a sell, click on the red cell corresponding to your offer. Use the "keypad" style entry to modify your quantity prior to your order. The upper number is the quantity about to be entered and the lower quantity is the default it will revert to. Also shown is the quantity you are presently long or short (large "0" in the fourth cell below the time.)

The red and blue lines in the price column show the high and low for the present session.

And finally, below the time, the variance from close to the present tick is shown.

#44     Jan 20, 2004
  5. mBear

mBear

I also wanted to note, to cancel an order, you can just click on the order next to the price bar. Click the "Dell All" button to cancel all orders. Click the button below that to delete just sell orders and the one below that to delete just the buy orders.

Go to the "Order Book" window (not shown) to see, modify or delete any or all orders for the exchange (e.g. ES, NQ, 6E, 6J, 6A, et.)

#45     Jan 20, 2004
  6. Just from looking at the screen shots, I like the look of OEC's platform more.

-Fast

#46     Jan 20, 2004
  7. it's nicer but is it as effective as x-trader (speed, realibility.. ) ?

#47     Jan 20, 2004
  8. I can't compare the speed to X Trader since I haven't used it, but it seems faster than TWS which I used for 6 months. Reliability is definitely up there with X Trader and the likes. OEC's platform hasn't crashed on me even once.

-Fast

#48     Jan 20, 2004
  9. i'd like to know wheter an application based plateform is as fast as x-trader or not like for exemple ffastfillpro, oec, x-trader..?

#49     Jan 20, 2004
  10. rgelite

rgelite

Knock on wood, but I haven't had any bad experiences with IB to date. I haven't had to call them on the phone though, yet.

#50     Jan 21, 2004