Journal - My Switch From IB to Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mBear, Jan 8, 2004.

1. lol are you for real?:)

IB rocks for 90% of low to mid volume traders. If you need your hand held , or your are a high volume scalper there are better places.

#11     Jan 9, 2004
  2. I really don´t understand what Fabrzio wants to tell us.
    Yes, FFastTrade have a very fast and stable platform.
    What else did you want to tell us ?

BTW, wasn´t this a discussion about IB and VF ?

:confused:

#12     Jan 9, 2004
  3. When will you stop implying that someone who has problems with IB is a moron? There nothing to support this so stop posting this kind of crap. People who have problems with IB usually state them very clearly and most of the time these problems have nothing to do with someone's low technical skills. Actually, this has more to do with the IB people low technical skills and this shows more and more frequently, for instance, in the way TWS works.

#13     Jan 9, 2004
  4. That is because he needs to take an English writing class ASAP so
    we can tell what the hell he is talking about... :D

#14     Jan 9, 2004
  5. My english is bad but I understand Fabrzio, maybe I'm super intelligent ... maybe only :D

#15     Jan 9, 2004
  6. fabrizio

fabrizio

Ok , is it my english that bad ? .I apologize really. Really apologize.

Few notes about my post :
    A) Baron, If I've broken the rules of ET , I'm sorry; delete my posts or edit them in the parts that are to be censored.
    B) Honestly speaking, I'm not a scalper, I do not use a PDA to trade since trading is my job and I do it from my offices.
    C) I am an Humble trader you know that. Albeit the level of fees is important as a general topic, it does not apply to my case . The management of my structure is more focused on how keep under control my Fixed costs ( Offices , Machines, Screen , Secretary, Telephones, general overheads , the 2 HDSL and the 1 robotiscs for redundancy, the color laser printers cartridge, the firewall updating on the server side, stuff like this. Ehm forgot the light .
    So the contribution margin is not influenced very much by variable but rather by Fixed.
    I believe I said so in my previous post.
    D)Pour ce que concerne mon activite, je vous assure - cher messiuer - que je suis rien d'autre que seulement un trader endependant : y donc pas de liasons financieres ou economique avec aucun societe dans cette domain des affaires.
    E) Creo que es bueno su consejo para un mejor nivel de Ingles :
    gracias y sin duda yo me voy pronto tomar un plan parar mehorar esto asunto.
    F) I must tell that I have received several message from FX TRADER; he was strongly supporting the IB cause ; but what puzzle me is that he was very much "against" a corporation I named before and - for I do not want to brake any rule again- I will not mention . What I can just say is that this company is active in the trading platforms. Period.

One more thing: Just few minutes ago I received a blank email from I.B .
    Strange , isn't it?

Sembra quasi un avvertimento da parte di qualcuno . Mi domando come costui possa comunque avere il mio indirizzo privato di posta elettronica. Sic trasit res mundi.

Again I fully apologize for not being sufficently fluent and readable in this wonderfull language. I hope you will forgive me

Thanks

#16     Jan 9, 2004
  7. t0yland

t0yland

Its interesting how everyone seems to have problems with IB. I opened my account about 6 months ago and have yet to have a problem. There support may suck but I have never had a reason to call them.

#17     Jan 9, 2004
  8. Why is it so interesting? I have been with them for almost 2 years and they have been going downhill big time for the last several months. I don't find that 'interesting' at all.

I have never called them either and I don't expect to, the problems I have had concern connectivity and the TWS reliability, two main things your trading depends on.

#18     Jan 9, 2004
  9. Until the luck strikes on you ...

#19     Jan 9, 2004
  10. One more thing: Just few minutes ago I received a blank email from I.B .
    Strange , isn't it?

ha ha ... I also got this blank email

I asked IB to let me know what is it about

#20     Jan 9, 2004