Journal for ES(performance test) and for SPY/AAPL/Equities(live account)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by trdes, May 11, 2017.

1. trdes

trdes

I am just going to try a journal to see how it goes and if it ends up providing any benefit to me or not. Pretty sure it will be impossible to post every intra-day trade real time, as trading two different accounts some days can be difficult and I tend to trade fast with discretion at times.

Trading two different accounts one live, one non-live as a performance test. I often fail to hold to my targets and I often don't get out when I should, so nothing new, classic mistakes of most traders, but trying different things to try and improve that. I also won't be trading very big on the live account for awhile until I can better do what I need to do.

2. trdes

trdes

I took ES short 2389.25 as picture shows and failed to hold to 2386.25 target, due to being stopped out for +1.

Also took a long 2382.50 and exited for +0.25 for no real reason other than fear. Should of been min of +1.5 - 2, due to risk I took of going long there.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  3. trdes

trdes

AAPL, nothing wrong with this trade followed all my rules, only issue would be sizing as I was in really small and should of had bigger position, but again taking it slow.

4. trdes

trdes

Long 2380.00 terrible entry chased it out at 2380.25. Target 2381, but not going to risk it due to poor entry

Edit: Target would of been hit, but don't feel too bad about this one as my entry was pretty poor.

5. trdes

trdes

2380.00 bad entry on long / early exit.

6. trdes

trdes

Expecting us to break 81.50 soon, so looking for long entry, but may have missed it.

7. trdes

trdes

81.50 broke was too scared to pull trigger at lows, despite being valid setup. Really poor execution and hesitation there.

8. trdes

trdes

Looks like there's a decent chance we go back to 88/89 range today, but don't currently see a way to trade / catch that, it is ultimate target though.

Looking to buy dip here if it pulls back enough target 82.25. I bought small position in SPY hoping for further pullback to add but never got it. Going to hold this position for awhile as it's smaller and we should be getting bounce here soon.

9. trdes

trdes

I'd like to see 84.75ish here. I am currently long 238.38 on spy

10. trdes

trdes

This is really really frustrating that I didn't take a long in ES performance test and also got stuck with a small position in spy and didn't add. Was up 1.75 but trading smaller so needed bigger move to really make anything. Currently price is back to my break even here, we should get over 83 soon though, I may have to exit for loss if we go back to lows though

#10     May 11, 2017