Joseph Stiglitz - Road to Ruin

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 27, 2010.

1. October 27, 2010

SouthAmerica: Joseph Stiglitz is among a hand-full of economists that I pay attention on a regular basis to his writings. A few days ago I found this excellent lecture by professor Stiglitz – It's a recent event and worth watching it. I would recommend that you check it out if you have some spare time.

Professor Joseph Stiglitz: Road to Ruin? Financial Instability and the Global Economy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXCNiwVUsA&feature=related

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

[​IMG]

Grow a brain SA.

3. I noticed the european countries are considering to raise the reserve requirements above what Basel III states in order to prevent future meltdowns. Credit Suisse, Barclays and HSBC were the banks cited in an article over at Bloomberg as the ones mulling whether to relocate to other countries.

Can anyone imagine requiring the american banks to raise their reserves and be held responsible for their actions? How unamerican! The Fed and the taxpayer were always intended as the perfect subsitute for higher reserve requirements.

4. October 27, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to Convertibility

I don't know why Ben Bernanke does not turn in his resignation to Barack Obama?

I like to see Stephen Roach replacing Ben Bernanke ASAP as the Federal Reserve Chairman.

Stephen Roach has the potential to become a legend such as Paul Volcker.