Joost invitation, anyone?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pekelo, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tcosync

tcosync

Agreed, but all those free Internet TV sites/programs are basically getting people to illegally broadcast live TV thru their PCs. Its frustrating watching a channel when all of a sudden the broadcaster switches off his PC or his ISP bans him.

What Joost is doing is broadcasting licensed content. Imagine a show like Lost on Joost with its huge fanbase chatting in realtime about the ongoing episode. IMHO, this is gonna be huge!

#11     Apr 4, 2007
  2. Oh, I understand that important legal distinction. I still have major problems with Joost's fundamental business model, in terms of privacy as well as profitability.

#12     Apr 4, 2007
  3. And you EU guys wonder why americans fight so hard to keep government out of everything LOL

Socialized health care anyone? LMAO

#13     Apr 4, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Correct, I thought I was pretty clear. But Don, I knew I could count on you! :)

I have read that the service isn't that great, not many new programs...

#14     Apr 4, 2007
  5. Always glad to help in clarifying (I seem to have to do that a lot around here on ET, LOL).

Don

#15     Apr 4, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

#16     Apr 5, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Unlimited invitations, if you have a friend already signed up:

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/05/01/joost.goes.live/

It went live yesterday. Probably good for killing time between trades...

Edit: Apparently:

" the company adds, the beta is now far more open: existing testers now have unlimited invites, ensuring that almost anyone can try the service through a friend. "

#17     May 2, 2007
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Folks,

Does anyone still need an invite. I have been using Joost and it is pretty decent.

Best Regards,

- Greg

#18     May 10, 2007
  9. ill84

ill84

#19     May 10, 2007