Jon Stewart Just Crucified Cramer & CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ess1096, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Please.

Stewart was calling CNBC to task not for bad calls, but for a lack of accountability. The bad calls that never get brought back to light, the softball interviews, the almost groupie-like adoration of CEO's--that has been CNBC for years.

#31     Mar 13, 2009
  2. Exactly!

I still remember Michelle Cabruso Cabrerra "cheerleading" the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 ( which brought us un-regulated credit default swaps and the Enron loophole ) . . . and telling the CNBC audience that Wall Street needed this legislation to pass, otherwise jobs would get sent overseas.

:D

#32     Mar 13, 2009
  3. taodr

taodr

I agree ! Unfortunately most watchers don't understand CNBC caters to the "SELL SIDE". All they care about is getting the public to believe what their guests are selling and buy those stocks. It's another pump and dump. The bankers really own government and the media, and are intent in getting the public into debt and periodically cleaning out most of the publics' wealth. It is a never ending scam with the federal reserve helping it along as much as it can.

#33     Mar 13, 2009
  4. r-in

r-in

That was hilarious! Cramer wimped out, I wonder if he was told to sit and take it. He seemed too willing to admit he was a fraud. I laughed my ass off when he said he hated when CEO's come on and lie. Funny thing is they will still be coming on and lying. How about the CFO from Lehman 2 weeks before they blew chunks coming on and saying we don't have any problems. Or all the times the GE chump has been on saying they aren't that bad off, but begging for gov. money and slashing the dividend. ROFL If you can filter a lot of the b.s. it is entertaining, and you can still catch news on occassion. I will be moving up to the next level of Dish to get Bloomberg to see if its worth it.

#34     Mar 13, 2009
  5. Landis nails it again.

I was about to add my thoughts, but don't have to now - Landis read my mind and printed my thoughts.

That was the most brutal, yet diplomatic for what it was, smackdown of anyone on television that I've ever seen.

#35     Mar 13, 2009

6. Wow, this sounds like CNBC's sister network MSNBC. MSNBC is completely in the tank for Obama.

Their evening line up is Chris Mattews, David Schuster, Mattews again, Kieth Olbermann, Rachael Maddow, Olbermann again, Maddow again.

#36     Mar 13, 2009
  7. cramer tried do defend himself a couple of times but every time jon put up another video of cramer making a wrong call. i think cramer decided he had better shut up not knowing what video could pop up next.

#37     Mar 13, 2009
  8. Exactly.

The "Sell Side" is side of the Security Industry that sells you "financial products"...
    For a FAT commission...
    Of which > 90% are completely worthless...
    By lying to you 24/7...
    BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

The "Buiness Media" is CONTOLLED by the "Sell Side"...
    It's sleazy, lying "Sell Side" ads...
    That keep CNBC on the air.

If you are not acutely aware of this...
    Then you are just another Mook to be Skinned...
    Please get in line and bend over.

Jon Stewart may be a hard-left Political Operative...
    But Jim Kramer is a WHORE...
    A scuzzy, toothless, over-the-hill crack WHORE...
    Always has been... always will be.

#38     Mar 13, 2009
  9. Bloomberg cheerleads but not to the extent CNBC does.

#39     Mar 13, 2009
  10. Wall Street is a giant fraud, traders do control the markets to some extent. Investors just sit there and take it. Savvy investor’s hedge there portfolio with options.

#40     Mar 13, 2009