Jon Stewart crucifies Lenny Dykstra

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hmmmm....the average viewer of Stewart versus the average listener of Bill O'Reilly....

...I wonder whom is more intelligent on average and more accurately informed of current events...

....hmmmm

(Hint: Yes, there is a study that is credible that has been done.)

#21     Mar 17, 2009
  2. wmb

wmb

barney frank and jon stewart are clearly the biggest boneheads in america; no disrespect to the Queen!

Barney is suggesting we takeover AIG! how come our journalists don't spit out with laughter at this barney rubble. How the frick did he get elected!

#22     Mar 17, 2009
  3. Mav88

Mav88

You people don't give cramer enough credit as far as his influence. ALOT of people listen to him, especially investors, mind you they're usually small guys with online brokerage accounts, but it still accounts for a lot of people and enough money to move stocks. Cramer IS a problem and a source that matters. I know I speak on deaf ears at ET since the majority of you don't know much about trading or politics, but in lieu of that you should understand Cramer has his own show for a reason. Ratings drive his show and people watch it. They're dumb for watching it and even worse for listening to the guy, but they do it nonetheless.

What Stewart was saying was a very good argument. He's bringing it up AFTER the fact because average investors as well as the majority of people who don't invest don't understand what goes on until it already happens. But a seasoned Wall Street veteran like Cramer who supposedly knows it all and has all the connections an investor would ever want DIDN'T know or just didn't say anything and guided his audience in the very wrong direction. Had americans known at an early point about how the banks were using their capital and leveraging their assets, this situation wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it is right now.
    CNBC is supposed to to be a central hub for financial news and they have no idea how to report it. Any monkey can read something off of yahoo finance, but these guys are supposed to be Graduate professionals and they're not. They're all hacks and can't do their job for shit. Sometimes it's nice to watch on mute for some of the girls, but it's just become another reality TV show.

You said it yourself, if someone makes investing decisions from a circus clown that has baby crying sound effects, then they are dumb. So you want to protect the dumb? then you'll have to ban every bit of investing advice out there because most of it is wrong. Very serious people gave the exact same advice as Cramer the whole way down, people like Buffet were buying, Obama says buy now- what if he is wrong?

Graduate professionals?? wtf does that have to do with anything?? Americans did know about the housing bubble everyone had all the same information, we had people here on ET crying doom and gloom last february yet they were called whiny permabears...dude, you make points that a newb would bring up, pretending like there is someone out there that is always correct and sober in analysis and they should be on CNBC... I think you are one of the dumb ones.

#23     Mar 17, 2009

4. Americans didn't know the severity of the situation, to them the housing situation was just allowing them to buy and sell houses more comfortably. People are dumber than you think. ET is filled with doom and gloom no matter where the market is, it's filled with shineboxes like you. Newb? Are you 7 years old on your xbox or something? I've said it a hundred times before that Buffet is a moron just like Boone and Cramer. But people listen to them. When did I ever say to protect them? I was making a statement you child. Don't get mad at me because you come on here to complain about how often you blow up.

#24     Mar 17, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

You are a typical ass who thinks only you can trade, then projects everyone else a loser. I don't really give a damn about your trading, but the fact you make a point to bring it up in a non-trading discussion shows what an ass you are. You know nothing about my trading.

You made a point, and a dumb one- I was addressing that specifically. Nobody claimed CNBC was supposed to be 'graduate professionals', only a niave fool would think that. Anyway just what is that supposed to mean, all MBAs are all dead on and professional??

dumb dumb dumb... pretending that all the 'seasoned' professionals agree, they know it all, they all hid it and let only people like Buffet and cramer talk, and they all predicted the drop and acted accordingly before the masses were hit. yeah right- keep thinking that and believing you know politics better than everyone else.

I have some news for you fool, Buffet is well connected.

#25     Mar 17, 2009
  6. is there a link?

#26     Mar 17, 2009
    #27     Mar 17, 2009

8. First off, do yourself a favor and learn grammer. Then graduate high school and stop paper trading. Then understand Buffet is losing his ass and his 'connections' aren't doing shit for him. Boone Pickens has connections too and he's down 90%.
    If you bother to have an MBA, yes I would say you should know what the fuck you're talking about, otherwise it's pathetic. If your job is reporting financial news, yes you should know what the fuck your talking about. If your job is managing and trading $10 billion and generating profits, yes your supposed to know what the fuck your talking about and what your getting involved in. Your not supposed to be a cowboy just to see how lucky you can get.

#28     Mar 18, 2009