Jon Stewart blames democrats, not tea party!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/20/j...not-tea-party-on-summer-debt-ceiling-debacle/

Jon Stewart bashes Democrats, not tea party, on summer debt ceiling debacle
    Published: 12:03 PM 09/20/2011 | Updated: 5:02 PM 09/20/2011

Liberal Comedy Central host Jon Stewart told Rolling Stone magazine that he has trouble blaming tea partiers for the summer debt ceiling debacle.

“On the whole debt-ceiling thing, you can blame the intransigence of Tea Party Republicans all you want, but Democrats had a chance to pass a budget before they lost in the midterm election,” the Daily Show host said in an extensive interview. “They didn’t do it because they were afraid that those votes would cost them the House. Well, how’d that work out? They had the ability to avoid the entire fucking thing. And they didn’t do it out of cowardice. So I have a hard time mustering sympathy for the argument that a couple of Tea Partiers took Congress hostage. ”

Stewart also said President Obama shouldn’t get a free pass simply because he faces a difficult Congress.

“Was it a factor? Maybe,” Stewart said of the difficulty presented by tea party-linked members of Congress. “But conditions are what they are, and Obama is president. You are judged by how well you negotiate those conditions, not by how excusable the shitty end result is based on that it’s difficult.”

Overall, Stewart is disappointed with the Obama presidency.

“Obama ran on this idea that the system and the methodology are corrupt. It felt like the country was upset enough that he had the momentum needed to re-evaluate how business is done,” he said. “Instead, when he got elected, he acted as though the system is so entrenched that it has to be managed rather than — I don’t want to say decimated, because I’m not an anarchist or a nihilist. But I’m surprised at how much he deferred to the legislative process.”

Stewart added that he recognizes his criticisms might be somewhat unfair considering the challenges Obama faces.

“I recognize my own impatience, and I understand I am incredibly unfair. As someone who does what I do, it’s very easy to say what I say. It’s tougher when you’re actually in it, like he is,” he said.

Asked about the Republican Primary field, Stewart expressed bewilderment that Texas Rep. Ron Paul wasn’t getting more attention given his consistent standing in the polls.

“I love the fact that none of them talk about Ron Paul,” he said. “I don’t understand how a guy with consistent grass-roots support at the level he has is not a part of the conversation. I saw on the news networks, ‘Rick Perry enters the race and immediately jumps in at second place, bumping Michele Bachman down to fourth.’ But they don’t mention, ‘Hey, guess who’s in third place? Ron Paul!”

Email Jamie Weinstein and follow him on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/20/j...on-summer-debt-ceiling-debacle/#ixzz1YbqXDx6B

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder how our resident Obama apologists managed to miss this story?

3. I have no idea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Yannis

Yannis

Imao: Nuke the News: Guns and Muffins
    Posted by Frank J.

"* Those wacky Palestinians are still trying to appeal to the U.N. for statehood. Now even the French are like, “Cut it out you doofs!” Whether the U.N. sides with the Palestinians or not, this is all likely to end in violence… as does everything in the Middle East. Including the kite festivals.

Anyway, official U.S. position should be we want less Muslim countries. Frankly, they just haven’t been working out well enough to warrant more of them.

* Eric Holder is talking about closing Gitmo — this time for real! Totally going to happen; it’s not just talk to rile up they really gullible left-wing base.

Come to think, Obama can still run on pretty much all the platforms he ran on in 2008: Close Gitmo. End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (and now also Libya). Turn around this horrible economy. End the incompetent, divisive leadership of the current president. Sucks to be the incumbent, huh?

* Have you been wondering where all that stimulus money went that did absolutely nothing to help the economy? OBAMA’S PEOPLE ATE IT! Yes, the Department of Justice spent $16 per muffin at one conference and had many other moron expenses people actually accountable to how they spend money would never occur.

Hey, I know! Let’s take more money away from job creators and give it to these people! That’s an awesome idea! I should get a muffin for it!

* So Solyndra executives are going to plead the fifth. Great spending of half a billion on them, Obama! I wonder how much of that money went to muffins.

Of course, that’s not the worst of Obama scandals; that would be “Fast and Furious” where the Department of Justice (the expensive muffin eaters) allowed guns to go to Mexican drug cartels. Those guns have now been linked to at least 200 murders.

Now, all we need to do is find out that Solyndra spent all its money on guns for Mexican drug cartels while the Department of Justice watched and did nothing (other than eat muffins). That would combine this all into one super scandal so big even the New York Times would mention it… on page 16.

* Looks like Perry is slipping in the polls as Romney is only three points behind him in South Carolina. Man, I hate Romney. He’ll probably easily win against Obama, but he’s just such a weasely politician… especially on Social Security and entitlements. I only expect “meh” out of him… thought “meh” would be a huge improvement from current conditions.

* In other polling news, Palin is polling within five points of Obama. I think Palin is a risky bet and I’m just not sure about her anymore, but man would that be hilarious to have Obama beaten by her. I would probably stop blogging as I’d just be too busy laughing for the next four years. Well, if Obama is so vulnerable anyone can beat him, I say go for it. Let’s have some entertainment.

* Got an e-mail with this subject “Santorum is an idiot or a liar—doesn’t seem to grasp that the Founding Fathers put the natural born clause into the Constitution for a reason”. Yes the birthers are going after Rick Santorum and demanding he drop out of the presidential race because he said about Obama’s birth certificate, “My understanding is that issue was solved. If there’s evidence to the contrary [showing Obama is not eligible], they should bring it forth.”

Wow, those birthers sure are smart at picking important battles. It really seems like a great idea to spend a lot of time going after a presidential candidate no one is paying attention to. Are birthers part of some high-stakes irrelevancy contest I don’t know about? I assume their biggest competition is Obama himself."

:) :) :)

5. JamesL

JamesL

[​IMG]

6. Gabfly loves John Stewart.

Where is Gabby? In line somewhere?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Trying to think up his next/THIRD alias I imagine.

8. Me too, about time to get a comedian in the white house.

9. Eight

Eight

LOL

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Why does he need a new nick? Oh yes, banned from every forum except P&R LOL.

#10     Sep 22, 2011