Jon Najarian's Pick For The Next Decade

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jackpearson, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I think he wanted to sell you Calls. :D

10 years is a long time. Sure it can go up. As long as they don't go bankrupt. :D

WHOA - 1 sec there...

That recommendation was made on Jan 6 -2010, not 2011.

ENER closed at $11.71 that day!!

Well - if he sold people enough calls since then, y'all are all helping him make HIS decade! :D :D :D

2. you're right! I was looking at the closing price on Jan 2011. lol

It was in the 11's when he made his pick.

$11 ---> $1

Pick of the decade!

3. You can put it down right next to Cramer's "Winners of the New World."..

You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now.
    OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX), Ariba (ARBA_), Digital Island (ISLD), Exodus (EXDS), InfoSpace.com (INSP_), Inktomi (INKT), Mercury Interactive (MERQ), Sonera (SNRA), VeriSign (VRSN_) and Veritas Software (VRTS_).

4. AMA

AMA

HA! If you wait long enough, even a lame horse can finish the race.

I remember one time a year or so ago, either Jon or Pete was blabbing on 'Fast Money' about some options position they'd opened. Well, he said enough about it that I was able to look up the tick data for the trade.

Gargantuan $8000-ish, if I remember correctly.

There's a reason why he and the bro operate an info service and keep a presence on TV a lot; it's easier making $$$ selling info and having a website than trading for a living.

Ever since then(actually, before that), I keep a big salt lick by my desk when listening to those guys.

5. $5.00 is the threshold for a lot of institutional "accepibility". It's also the threshold for most mouse house's marginability. Additionally, those brokerages generally won't allow shorting below that threshold.

At the price point, has more volatility. Unfortunately, it appeared one-way.

Given the TV presence (and perceived credibility) he may be a shill to move paper.

A pony tail is passe'.

6. Those guys OWN you.

They make more trading in a week than any 10 of you here on et in a year.

What do you think of that .

They only go on tv as a freaking public service to help you inept pipe dreamers.

7. AMA

AMA

I don't doubt that these guys are rich. However, I'd like to know how much of their $$$ these days comes from actual trading. It's usually easier and more profitable being the guy who sells the book on real estate, stocks, biz ideas vs. being the person actually implementing those plans...

Btw, on Wall Street, there's no such thing as a 'public service'. These guys are pumping themselves up to attract biz, not 'do good'. The only one of the Fast Money guys I really care for is Finerman, as she's the fundamental/value investor. And even she is likely attracting clients via TV appearances side effect.

8. olias

olias

not surprised

9. rumor that Fireplace is actually a Najarian.

in fact theres a rumor that there are 13 Najarians, and they switch up, to spread out the work load. all look alike, they pass along the fake pony tail to whoever is on tv that day.

#10     Jun 15, 2011