Jon Najarian & InsideOptions.com Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Options' started by jb500, Apr 1, 2005.

1. da-net

da-net

i subscribed for a short time after purchasing some info. i asked specifically if there would be any penny stock picks.they said none, this is more of why i subscribed than anything else. His info is at best cryptic, his choices poor...and he picked two low priced stocks..one under $5.00 per share and the last was $1.00 per share. I called and asked why the penny stocks...the answer relayed from Najarian himself was penny stocks are only under $1.00 not at or above...make your own decision, but I cancelled my account, with prepaid time remaining and have not regretted it. I do not read any correspondence from him or any partners of his.

#11     Apr 1, 2005
  2. jb500

jb500

Thanks for all the replies. You all just saved me from potentially wasting $2500 on this guys advice. It's greatly appreciated!

#12     Apr 1, 2005
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

Brings up a question. How many of the guys (or ladies) we've read about over the last 15 years are actually doing well?

#13     Apr 1, 2005
  4. da-net

da-net

Mr. jnbadger,

Extremely good observation. I do not know about the past 15 years however perhaps I can shed some light on the past 16 months which appear to have been extremely difficult.

I attempt to go with free trials when possible so as to gain knowledge of their style and to especially see how they handle loosers. I find you can tell more about someone from their loosing trades than from their winners. I have gained more knowledge from free newsletters and made better trades than with paid subscriptions over the past 16 months. My personal experiences with different services over the past 16 months are;

Jon Najarian ($400.00+ monthly): he talks a great game, lays out the plan and fails to execute...no exit strategy...no money management...I would like to be more specific but can not without divulging everything he talks about

Trading Floor Pro ($50.00 monthly): very knowledgeable about the markets, totally blindsided when the markets recovered on thin volume, usually jump in too early

Put & Call Tactician, Ken Treister: honest, excellent exit strategist, good money management, tries to hit too many homeruns when a base hit would suffice

Wave Strength Report (free): Excellent commentary, Adam Lass is one of the best technical analysts, the rest of the writers are competent, exit strategies are good, this publication has only a few of the trades of the paid subscribers and it is delayed, but still tradeable.

Options Investor (30 day free trial): excellent commentary, far too many trades per daily issue, winners and loosers were about even during the summer last year.

Big Trends, Price Headly (free daily email): very knowledgeable, good technical analyst, very clear and calm thinker in stressful market conditions. This free email does not have any trades within it. Have not tried his paid service ...YET.

BY George, Neil George (free daily email): he sorts thru all the financial news and puts it into the proper perspective. Another clear head during stressful times. The best word to describe this man is INTEGRITY. When his publisher promotes other writers thru his email column and if it is garbage he will say so. Or if a company is doing bad things he is not afraid to speak out.

Short Term Update, Steve Hochberg (under $50.00 per month): elliottwave commentary and chartist, overall he has a lot of difficulty getting the wave count right so that it is tradeable. He does offer several possibilities of wave count, but when money is on the line you had better be right.

Daily Market Update, Nirvana Systems, Ed Downs (free daily email): good market commentary, picks are based upon good chart patterns, excellent educational tutorials...they do not
    offer trades, they just show you charts with patterns and tell you what may be coming...you make the decision

Schaeffers Research, Bernie Schaeffer ($99.00 per year, Market Gold): these research tools are excellent, online commentary is good. He has several free emails that are worthwhile reading. My account rep is Matt Appenzeller and I find him helpful, courteous, easy to talk with, quick to answer the phone or promptly returns calls, and not overly aggressive as a salesperson. I went with free emails for over a year before subscribing.

This is not the complete list of all I have personally tried within the above time frame, however it is a good sampling. Hope this helps answer some of your questions and perhaps supplies some insight into different services that I have tried.

I try to have an open mind and will look at anything (software or service) that will make me money. I just attended a Wizetrade D&P show (presenter was GBW) and am considering investigating that software. I have found someone that tells me that he does not work for them and he is averaging 69% winning trades with their software.

frank

#14     Apr 2, 2005
  5. Thanks very much for the detailed feedback. Interesting about what you said about Schaeffer. I find his website helpful, that is why I subscribed four years ago. The tools are okay, but allowing auto-trading nearly blew out half my account.

I had thought that subscribing would short-cut the learning process. But nothing beats taking responsibility for the trades and learning it the hard way.

#15     Apr 3, 2005
  6. isnt he he is hooked up with tobin smith and changewave now too? those guys talk a good game but look at their record.tobin likes to brag about his one big winner but look at his whole record and it aint very pretty.

#16     Apr 3, 2005
  7. do you always look to others to "save" you from mistakes... Hmmmm! In trading and most of 'life' it seems we learn the most from making are own so-called mistakes. For example if some guy(s) say don't go long...... and turn out to be correct that time, then you view that as they "saved" you from losing on a long position! I am always utterly amazed at the human nature that will allow guys to seek advice on anonymous trading boards without knowing a single solitary thing (most of the time) about the quality of the posters they receive replies from yet if another guy you DON'T even know says he doesn't like such and such service, then you think he has credibility. For what reason? Can you articulate the reason?

What if the same guy(s) told you they didn't like a certain restaurant you intended to go to... would you change your reservations, or find out for yourself?! :eek:

Very interesting...

... what does that tell you about you and any trading future... as an occupation/vocation where one must make their own decisions, and live with them... without mommie or daddy! Further what does it tell you about your nature when it comes to a loss. Obviously asking strangers whether to subscribe to a service means you want 'certainty' of some kind. But of what or for what? So that you "know" this guys service will lend itself to making you certain sums of money? Or _____what? What was saved... 2500?

A more insightful question is: what is LOST by defering to others views? Funny, I thought we all were put here to beat to our OWN drummers!

Regards,

ICe
    :cool:

#17     Apr 3, 2005
  8. $5000 a year for his newsletter and email service and $2500 for training seminars. Sounds like I would have no money left to invest with. Maybe this is where Jon gets his nest egg.

I will check with The Hulbert Financial Digest, you'll find out which newsletters are making money for clients, how much, and for how long.

#18     Mar 16, 2006
  9. Choad

Choad

Crap!

I gotta remember to look at the thread dates...

5 minutes, wasted. :(

#19     Mar 16, 2006
  10. thx choad for lettin' us know

really appreciate it

#20     Mar 16, 2006