Jon Lovitz on Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 8, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Watch it tonight. I'm sure it will be good! :)

2. Max E.

Max E.

The Jonah Goldberg interview was priceless, watching Piers squirm and deny that he is infact a liberal was great, especially since Goldberg's book points out exactly what we have already seen on this site, which is that Liberals for some reason, always deny that they are i infact liberals.

I wish Goldberg would have been more aggressive and socked it to piers, one example after another, about how he is a liberal, which is blatantly obvious to anyone who watches his program.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Goldberg is kicking his ass. Can't believe they are airing this. LOL.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Admitting you're a liberal is like admitting you're brain dead, swallow and enjoy taking it up the ass.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Here is the interview from last week incase you didnt see it, Piers is trying to claim that this shit is unbiased journalism???:confused:

I often wonder if these guys actually believe their own bullshit or its just a facade, to throw their audience off....

<iframe src="http://content.bitsontherun.com/players/ZUPit5Ej-svqBtzyp.html" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Also here is a link to what Breitbart had to say about it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/01/Jonah-Goldberg-Piers-Morgan

6. Max E.

Max E.

It was a good interview with Lovitz, i was surprised to see he had his shit down, i thought it was going to be more comical, but lovitz got Piers again, and the funniest thing is that right after Piers got done denying he was a left winger with Goldberg, he goes back and pivots to the left with lovitz....

And then the funniest thing was that he showed that stupid SNL skit at the end of the interview which had nothing to do with Lovitz but was just designed to stroke Piers ego.....

Good god i hate that guy....

7. I meant to post about a Piers Morgan episode last week. It was a surreal moment of television...Dan Rather was the guest and he was in the middle of a rant about "there is no left and right in this country...the government is in bed with the press, etc, etc...". One of those things where it would have been convenient to go to a commercial break (yeah, I know Dan Rather is leftist, but it was a sober moment..) Anyway, without even an annoucement of an important news break, some hack production effort just immediately went to "Breaking News" about the Chinese dissedent being released from prison. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of the "free press" of this country breaking news about a country that gives new meaning to 'free press".

Just wondering if anyone else caught that..

8. jem

jem

I saw some of the interview... I could not watch Rather. He is older and slower and you could see he was framing every thing in his head before he spoke. So, I did not believe a word which was coming out. Besides it was mostly useless crap. So I turned it off. I did not see the part you were referencing.

9. The interview before Jonah Goldberg, Piers was turning beet red with anger and hostility. The guy from North Carolina continued to answer the questions and yet, according to Piers, he was being evasive...

All in all, I still think his show is pretty damn good. If/when he interviews the run of the mill celebrity, it's almost always insightful and entertaining. Politics has become such a shit show that I almost think the guy should just avoid these guests before he alienates a significant percentage of his current audience.

10. Max E.

Max E.

I dont mind liberal interviewers who are either open about being a liberal, or else fair to both sides, for example a couple interviewers i like are David Gregory, and Anderson Cooper, both of them are fair, and they are legitimate hard hitting journalists. I dont even have a problem with people like Ed Schultz, or Rachel Maddow, cause they dont deny what they are......

What i hate is when guys like Piers Morgan, or Chris Matthews (who is also famous for this) start out a supposed question like this:

"Now, Im not a liberal or a democrat, but dont you think Republicans and conservatives are idiots....." (then they just continue to rattle off liberal talking points)

Morgan and Matthews are the kings of this line of "questioning," where it isnt even a question, but an attack, which is haphazardly disguised as a question.

I agree that Morgan does some hard hitting interviews, but he would be far better served if he dropped the bullshit he always uses to lead into an attack on a conservative, where he claims "im not a liberal but"......

#10     May 9, 2012