Jon Corzine is Considering Starting A Hedge Fund

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cazza La Randa, Aug 16, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

oh, he would get a LOT of investors for his fund.

all these asset allocators, FOFs, large instutional firms filled with ive league crackheads , etc.
    trust me- never ever use any meaningful, statistical due diligence.

its just :
    begin
    ooohh sh..... my friend invested 10 millions in him!
    corzzine has to be solid therefore, i have to do the same, whoooah!
    end (of sophisticated analysis).

#41     Aug 19, 2012
  2. Bananna republic. +1

Corzine, in charge of MF, sets the "tone" for the entire operation. The buck stops with him for the way money is managed. It stinks to high heaven that 1.2 billion can come up missing (stolen) and there are no charges.

It's a nasty slap in the face to commodity traders and the bond/stock holders too who lost out by his ineptness. (another case of privatzing profits and public takes losses?) We (traders) were not public though.

I'm discusted with the popular media protraying this as anything but criminal through "sources", that alone should scare the crap out of everyone.

I was with MFG and PFG, in my eyes, they're both criminal, they both looted money that was not theirs, where's the justice?

#42     Aug 19, 2012
  3. I'd bet he doesn't see more than $250MM after one year.

#43     Aug 19, 2012
  4. Wall Street and the financial system here is totally FUBAR......time to invest in countries where justice is up held. Hell China looks better than the US now.....Corzine would have already been locked up.

#44     Aug 19, 2012
  5. #45     Aug 19, 2012
  6. #46     Aug 19, 2012
  7. In a related story, Corzine said he expected between $800m and $1.6B in initial funds. He would not comment on the source of the funds... :)

#47     Aug 19, 2012
  8. Evercore partners or any other investment firm that can defy the laws of economics and talks out of both sides of their ass because they're staffed by ex govt or Fed bankers.

#48     Aug 19, 2012
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Are all rich people brain dead these days? This guy failed at simply keeping his customers money safe while collecting fees and interests, how the hell would he be able to make profits in the markets?

#49     Aug 20, 2012
  10. You mean he wasn't running a hedge fund at MFG? He seemed to think he was.

#50     Aug 20, 2012