Joining the CME gang

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hilmy83, Jul 17, 2019.

1. hilmy83

hilmy83

Like I said here
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/joining-the-cme-gang.334231/page-63#post-5253606

Ive been saving up to prepare to switch over to dividend investing/writing options. I still trade whatever's left in the futures account, but definitely not adding any more money in there. While i save, i figure i just trade it and see where it goes.

usually i start the year with about 10k if i really starting fresh and want to restart trading for the Nth time, but not anymore. but 10k is very small amount to start investing and writing covered options considering i only invest with cash. So i'm saving along while trading futures on the side.

But here's the futures account trading going. Nothing extraordinary, been there done that.

Capture2.JPG
    Capture.JPG

#641     Jan 21, 2021
    wrbtrader, Laissez Faire and They like this.
  2. I kept coming back to this thread because I really thought you could have made it with Futures if you swing trade a little more when market isn’t ideal, hedge run-aways and use less leverage.

Anyway... good luck. Enjoyed the journo, hope you keep it going for Options.

#642     Jan 22, 2021
  3. maUL3dNQ

maUL3dNQ

hilmy is a smart dude.

He's had a roller coaster ride from currencies, to futures.. and i admire him for it.

Seriously think you should switch your focus on equities or options.. index funds are the most challenging to trade especially intraday.

Check out Wallstreetbets on REDDIT... LOL! 18 year old kids turning $600 option calls into 6 figures, and some people 5 digit accounts into 8 figures on GME.. LOL! makes my stomach turn.

Gotta find that angle...! goodluck bro.. I'm balls deep into 1 stock right now in the psychedelic realm...with a 450% return so far, and holding... I'm DONE with nq index trading.. 6 months of consecutive profit and ill blow it all up in a week.. greed.. over confidence.. done with it.. also sick and tired of sitting infront of a fucking monitor and stressing.

Im a great fucking technical analyst from it though.

#643     Jan 23, 2021
  4. hilmy83

hilmy83

anybody else tired of CQG? when you can remember the last time they fuck up, it's a sign they're no good

Sierra hates them that's a fact
    https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=46231

and now this shit:

upload_2021-3-16_19-8-27.png

If i go with Rithmic, I lose tradingview and essentially my cloud access to trading and $25/month on top of that.

#644     Mar 16, 2021
  5. heispark

heispark

I replaced CQG with Rithmic long ago when I experienced my closed position was still alive next day. Rithmic is much more stable, I hardly experience any issue with Rithmic. Also 10 levels of DOM is a joke. $25 is worth paying.

#645     Mar 16, 2021
  6. heispark

heispark

By the way, Tradingview (other web-based platforms) is slightly lagging in both charting and execution. If you're a scalper, it can be a concern.....

#646     Mar 16, 2021
  7. hilmy83

hilmy83

yea i'm thinking of switching. what platform you use? sierra?

#647     Mar 16, 2021
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Broker's with CQG as one of their platforms have sent out emails stating they have "resolved" the problems.

hilmy83-CQG-Problems-031621.png
    wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    #648     Mar 16, 2021
  9. hilmy83

hilmy83

yea i got that resolved email too. why
    yea got that email too. but amp pullin we gotta be safe ya'll with this 100% margin. damn it

So is it me or CQG ES is giving me infinite DOM lol

upload_2021-3-16_20-52-31.png

#649     Mar 16, 2021
  10. heispark

heispark

I do use Sierra time to time but mostly I use MotiveWave on Mac. MW is an intuitive platform and I like it.

#650     Mar 16, 2021