Joining the CME gang

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hilmy83, Jul 17, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, I remember the Forex stuff but he didn't pop up on my radar until he came here at ET and trading the Emini NQ futures.

Performance metrics / risk metrics is one thing but the other variable is the skill. Anyone can have good metrics for a week, month and even a year but have very little skill or something changes in their personal life to negatively impact their skills.

Simply, to some the edge is in the metrics but to me the edge is equally important in the skill. A trader that can get both (metrics / skill) working together as a team...

That's person that will be a long term profitable trader.

wrbtrader

#501     Aug 4, 2020
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, I saw some issues in his Youtube live channel involving the position size management (risk control) on certain trading days when he should have been lowering his position size instead of increasing...there's an emotional control issue beyond the metric norm in his trade strategy whatever the trade strategy he's using.

Yet, if I see someone doubling their position size after a trade loss when its in price action they should be the same size or smaller...to me its similar to seeing someone else adding to losing trade positions and then holding on for many trading days in hopes that the market turns around...
    • Its the same loss in emotional control.
    Worst ones don't even mention a trade loss and then move on to the next trade as if nothing happen in prior. That's why I'm becoming more of a fan of live trading sessions in video to correlate / explain what I don't see in the broker statements.

Thus, if someone only post a broker statement...they can easily hide a lot of crap which is why I'm not a fan of broker statements by itself. I feel the same about hindsight marked up (hand drawn notes) charts.

Hilmy83 is on the right track to get all the ducks lined up.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    #502     Aug 4, 2020
  3. Not really.

I'm confident position sizing is the main reason for his outsized returns, i.e., he's capturing a modest amount of points per day with a huge amount of contracts. I'm sure he averages down also.

It works until it doesn't. Which has happened twice already this year. That's why he can set himself up to blow an account in a single day. Wouldn't happen if he traded 1 NQ per 10K.

I did not say he does not have an edge. In fact - in the post you quoted I said I think he has. But I said his results can only be explained by huge leverage. Of course, the results are admirable are even still.

PS: Why is every the word in every post of your in italics? :)

#503     Aug 4, 2020
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That's how the brokers rape so many traders. They allow us to misuse leverage with those $400 - $500 per contract requirements. :D

A trader with good risk management will ignore the broker leverage requirements and use their own such as 1 contract per 10k.

wrbtrader

#504     Aug 4, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  5. comagnum

comagnum

This is an amusement, summer I back way of my trading. This acct is <1% of my capital. Trading the NQ near the close, screen time 10-30 minutes a day. Aiming only for a few hundred & done. In fall & spring aiming for the moon.

So far 21 consecutive winning days, yea.:rolleyes: , this is vacation mode trading with very small risk, small gains, minimal screen time, & no real mental equity spent.

* 8-5 should be $381, report updates after midnight.
    * Did not trade 1st week of July, playing island tour guide to visitors.
    21 day run.JPG

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    #505     Aug 5, 2020
  6. themickey

themickey

This is why I love ET, somebody recently asked why I frequent this place, the entertainment is pure gold. :)

#506     Aug 5, 2020
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Both long and short, right?

#507     Aug 6, 2020
  8. comagnum

comagnum

correct. Both long & short.

#508     Aug 6, 2020
  9. Now we are mocking, aren't we ? FU.
    There is so much B.S. in this thread, it's incredible.
    I asked Baron to close this thread, but he wouldn't do it. He apparently loves this controversy.

#509     Aug 6, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

You cannot expect Baron to close a journal thread of someone else because you ask him to. I mean, that makes no sense.

That's like asking a locksmith to change the lock on a house you do not own?

#510     Aug 6, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.