Joining the CME gang

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hilmy83, Jul 17, 2019.

1. alfa8

alfa8

I have played with position sizing many times; based on various criteria; and concluded that the best and simplest and less riskier option; is to use fixed size all the time; no matter what.

especially when you are on a winning streak.

#41     Jul 23, 2019
  2. harami

harami

Sierra Chart has a loss management feature that will flatten open positions and lock trading for a specified amount of time if you hit your max loss. It might help you avoid some of these large losing days--

https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/GlobalProfitLossManagement.php

#42     Jul 23, 2019
  3. hilmy83

hilmy83

i like that feature . but i don't trade with sierra. iike i said , its just a show and tell for streaming. i trade off tradingview cause i i like cloud , no restrictions

#43     Jul 23, 2019
  4. REDP1800

REDP1800

t
    then you arent doing it right.

#44     Jul 23, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I don't believe this for a New York minute.

If it didn't affect you at all, you would not do it. If you started losing, you would not cut off your live stream without explanation. Dude, you are totally consumed by your own ego, and you do not realize it.

Why the HELL are you live streaming your trading in the first place? What are you trying to accomplish with this task, which is a complicated feat to juggle when you are trading the money you need TO LIVE ON.

#45     Jul 23, 2019
  6. hilmy83

hilmy83

if you don't believe my reasoning to cut one livestream short cause i had to go without commenting, then hey that's what you can believe. i've posted it after i've ended the stream and you'll see in the weekly pnl that the numbers will all match

the question about ego and all this, again, this fucking assumption just need to stop. i'm geting a bit annoyed at this ego assumption. It's like people come on here and don't realize this is not my first few videos..i've done many and there are losses along the way that is in the channel. There are posts already made to show wins and losses. I'm not hiding, there is no ego.

Please dont make up shit about anybody's state of mind if you don't know what the HELL you're talking about. i've explained in mulitple posts already why i do these videos and what my thoughts are on it..

fuck, like can i do a journal without the haters? it's like i post pnl, i do livestream, and the pnl will match every weekly post..and STILL people get butthurt aobut something ..have no idea about what lol. it's amazing forum psychology.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    #46     Jul 24, 2019
    TradingOgre likes this.
  7. Seaweed

Seaweed

I have to say, one of the things I admire about your trading is that you're respecting your stops. On the one hand, it can be said that all you're doing is averaging into losers, and I see lots of this in your videos, but when the stop comes, you take the hit. It is a bit unfortunate that you had 2 back to back large losing days, but its hard to argue with your positive stats till now since they really do speak for themselves.

In trading, I think just about any strategy can work as long as you tweak the parameters just right and stick to it.

#47     Jul 24, 2019
    hilmy83 likes this.
  8. hilmy83

hilmy83

yes, in fade, i would have max 2 positions in at a time. It's because it's really hard to pinpoint to a level when you fading the market; as opposed to trading with trend/momentum and you have that push behind your trades. Trading against the momentum to me requires more room, hence the 2 positions around my zone..

but you're right, when it hits the s/l, it'll hit it. sometimes i take it off early when i think the structure has changed. but there are times when it hits that full stop and and it's bit of a kick..but whatever. we've all been there taking full stops..

#48     Jul 24, 2019
  9. Any update on how your day ended yesterday? You were able to profit big from that long you had waiting when you cut the livestream I hope.

#49     Jul 25, 2019
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The video was cut again while he had a Short position (-4 contracts)...he scaled into the position 2 contracts at a small loss when he added another 2 contracts to it). Yet, it seem like the similar time when closed the live stream of the prior trading day when he had to go to work. Thus, most likely a work situation again.

Yet, I don't understand why not just close the losing position first and then end the live stream ?

I've only watched a few of his live streams since he's moved here to ET and didn't watch to other videos to see if this is a pattern of averginging into losing trade positions and then ending the live stream before closing the last trade.

Regardless, its his live stream and he should continue to do it the way he wants to do it.

I like the live streaming of trading by anyone but unfortunately this forum has a nasty habit of running off those that do it. I've seen three others do live streaming of their trading (not on Youtube) and all of them had ET forum members attacking the trader here at ET instead of just critiquing the trades / trading style.

Strangely, all three were profitable traders too that also showed screenshots of their trade fills as a follow up later in the evening to the live stream. Yet, you have journals here at ET that are much more popular (much more likes, more views) that do not show screenshots of broker statements, no live streaming of trades and so on. :rolleyes:

Too many haters at this place.

If his live stream of real trades last longer than 1 month...I think that will be a record here at ET. The good thing is that the actual live streaming is at Youtube and not at ET itself (the latter will be too problematic at a place where there's a problem with crowd control). :D

Question: Can you live stream on Youtube and make it private (only available to those you want to see it) like a private group ???

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    #50     Jul 25, 2019