Joining RBC/Carlin

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by theump, Jun 6, 2007.

1. theump

theump

Having been a full time broker for the last 15 years as well as trading my own account, I have decided to make the jump to trading full time.

I am probably going to join RBC/Carlin. I plan on putting up $50k, working a 90-10 payout, with .01 commission. My trading style is pretty much news driven, value based, and a little mo-mo.

Any thoughts to the deal I am getting?

2. you are getting ripped off. i think that's what they call a highway robbery. do more research. there are other prop firms out there.

3. theump

theump

For somwhat of a professional newbie?

4. Curious what the advantage is?

5. Try 10k, 100%, and .07 all in and you could still do better. At the very min don't give up any of your upside.

6. theump

theump

as someone with no professional experience I really can get a 100% payout?

I forgot to add that I am getting 200% leverage intraday and 100% overnight.

Why would I only want to put up 10k, when 50k gives me that much more power?

What is the standard for someone in my position, a relatively new professional newbie?

7. There is no standard deal, layout your strategy and talk a good game and you can get a deal. If all you are looking for is a retail account go to IB or Etrade. Carli is prop where you can get much more leverage. What do you want/need for Buying Power?

8. Yeah,

Get some lubricant.

9. For once, Hydro and I agree on something. That deal is completely uncacceptable, and you might as well go with IB, take 4:1 intraday, and 2:1 overnight, plus a better deal.

10. theump

theump

20 to one intraday, and 10 to one overnight.

#10     Jun 7, 2007