Joining a pro firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by doug456, Sep 30, 2003.

1. doug456

doug456

i've looked into joining a pro firm and was curios if anyone had any opions about Redwood Trading, there isn't much on this board about them. are they a new company? are they good people?

2. axehawk

axehawk

I believe they are based out of Vegas and require $25K contribution. Not to sure what their rates are (1 cent???). I don't know of anyone on this board that trades with them other than the owner and Rich Kenny.

3. I have heard very little about them:confused:

4. okwon

okwon

They are based out of San Fransisco not Vegas. I think they have an office in Vegas though. Other than that I don't know much else either. They have someone that posts regularly on these boards, so I'm sure you'll find out more soon. I think his handle is rttrader so you can also send him a PM.

5. EF4869

EF4869

Are you going to be trading from your home or a Redwood office? I know someone who uses Redwood platform from and also the guy who runs the Ft. Lauderdale office. I will try to answer any other questions you might have.

6. doug456

doug456

i would be trading from home, i basically want to know how stable the firm is? are they one of those companies that might lose it all including my money? how good is their software? is it a good firm?

7. Make sure that the risk management to done by a outside source and they have good reputation. Due the due diligence.......W