Join Trading Team MIT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thehomecenter, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Don't know the OP, and I don't trade stocks, so not interested any way. But IF I did trade stocks, I don't see the harm in taking him up on the offer and collaborating to improve each others trading. If nothing else, it could fill the boredom of watching the charts during the lull periods.

Marking off everything as a scam by default is a mistake, IMHO.

Carry on...

#11     Nov 21, 2009
  2. hayman: LOL @ your reply.

#12     Nov 21, 2009
  3. Why do you need anyone to trade with? If your methods are profitable, why not use them and scale up as you go? 2% per day profit is not that great, considering you trade every day and your market exposure is very high. Why would successful traders add their time and attention to a system that earns less than they already earn alone?

ET is simply bursting with gurus and sales pitches for systems, indicators, blah-blah-blah. I have yet to see ONE guru document that they earn more from trading than from their sales pitch... especially since most of them trade sim.

#13     Nov 21, 2009
  4. quant168

quant168

Execuse me, $12.75 was day low and happened at 9:30:22 and my source shows it traded only 100 shares :D

#14     Nov 21, 2009
  5. Nailed. Good one.

#15     Nov 21, 2009
  6. I do not buy more the 2000 shares of any equity. My average lose is $80. Very low risk. Right now i do not use margin to trade with. I do not understand why people in this industry are always bashing people. I am sorry if my post offends anyone. I was just looking to improve and help someone else improve.

#16     Nov 21, 2009
  7. My trigger alert went off at 9:24 @ $12.75. How am I nailed. You had from 9:30 to 9:46 to buy. with in 13 cents of the 12.75 range.

#17     Nov 21, 2009
  8. jumper

jumper

I don't see what the harm is in trying it out. He's not asking you to pay him for any services.

#18     Nov 21, 2009
  9. if you want to nail me go right ahead and bash me as much as you like..

I never claimed to be as smart as those guys at MIT. I am not trying to re invent the wheel. Just improve it for myself and 4 others. The team interest is looking great! I can not believe all the emails in wanting this.
    take care
    Steven

#19     Nov 21, 2009
  10. Most likely someone either:

1) Trying to build an email list

2) Sniffing for an edge, and pretending to be "successful."

3) Getting the ET paper trader excited, with an "offer to joni in" involving HIS successful system.

Anonymous posters need to be doubted, not worshipped.

Note the lack of proof?

#20     Nov 21, 2009