join Group One / DRW Trading Group or Goldman as i-banking analyst?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by carl1111, Dec 4, 2005.

1. You fool!!!

I just read your posts about swift. Here people is a fresh graduate who recently posted about turning down a job at swift and hoping he made the right choice. I have traded prop futures successfully for almost 6 years and work 2-3 hours per day usually. I do just fine financially and wouldn't want to work at an IB, I wanted to be a trader not a glorified IB broker come paper pusher begging for bonuses while hoping not to get fired.

Just to inform you fuck head but Goldmans won't recruit you after swift. But then if you are applying for Swift I take it GS already rejected you and now you are exploring alternatives in the markets. Get a trading job first bitch and then try arguing with me because as far as I am concerned you are 2 years away from even understanding my language. You know nothing about the markets and for a fresh graduate asking for advice I suggest you lose the chip on your shoulder or nobody will help you.

#141     Dec 28, 2005
  2. woody1234

woody1234

my brother and i are looking at some possible job changes. he is an accountant at a big 4 firm and i am an engineer at a big oil company. both have interviews lined up with DRW trading group for prop trading and Merrill Lynch for Ibanking. Both have invested for 5 years now and are recent grades of a top school. what types of questions are asked for these companies?

thanks,
    woody

#142     May 30, 2007
  3. What an amusing thread !
    What did the OP actualy choose in the end ? Anyone got any idea ?

#143     Jun 4, 2007