Johnny Rotten, Americanized

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're absolutely correct.

#21     Jul 26, 2003
  2. I don't think i want to become a part of this argument. I'll just say I paid my dues in money and experience along with everybody else. If somebody can be profitable right off the bat, all i can say there damn lucky and good luck. You can make money, if you learn from mistakes.

Good Luck,

Wavetrader

#22     Jul 26, 2003
  3. JR here ....

What is with you guys? dbphoenix: you baffle me. This is the third or fourth resurrection thread you have started on my method since I was banned. I invited you to join a private chat room where the original JR thread traders are hanging out for the benefit of all, and you politely decline. Then a week later you post an ET thread trying to start a new chat room to discuss the JR method. What's with you? Do you only join chat rooms where you can be the master of ceremony?

Baggerlord: you were on my original JR thread and got yourself all frothy at the pants because you had one good day trading pullbacks & tops in a rangebound day. Told us we were crazy to focus on breakouts. This, despite being a new trader with a 2K account. Then you realised that trading 18 times a day was ridiculous and you re-focused on JR which you now describe as your "favourite" method. I must have missed the "thanks, Johnny and sorry you were banned" ;-)

This latest incarnation of my originality, is not the Americanized version, it is the LITE version. For lite traders only. dbphoenix has done none of you a service with his "editing". The real JR traders have all got Dax & Estx50 on their charts. Hell, I even posted how to get these charts for the whopping extra cost of 8 Euros a month in my thread. Baggerlord, if you were still with the originals and not the imitators, you would have been guided to know that Estx50 is a much better market than NQ, if the ES is too big for you.

Since Johnny was banned, dbphoenix, why don't you let this technique die a dignified death? Make money privately and leave it alone as a matter of respect. If you were genuinely interested in further discussion then you would have joined the private chat room. But by preferring to ressurect it here (several times), and by preferring to start your own chat room to discuss my method, you come across as trying to establish yourself as the new authority of the method. Guru-like tendencies if ever I saw them! You've even got a guy thanking you in this thread for posting MY method ( a method which took ME two hours to write down and edit)!! I do laugh.

Anyone who is making money from this, can PM me privately to say thanks Johnny ;-) Everyone else can kiss my botty wotty and listen to the LITE version c/o an imitator.

BTW, as my original post showed, this technique works best when used with IB as your broker and www.ninjatrader.com as your order entry software. Ninja is key when trading the fast moving Dax index futures and switching stategies between the different symbols. Hi Georgy Porgy!!! (don't worry, it's a private joke).

Johnny is dead. Post your own stuff db, and let him RIP.

C U,
    Johnny

PS. Can't post under my JR moniker, cos ban still happily in force.

#23     Jul 27, 2003
  4. ptt

ptt

JR, simtrader, or whoever,
    why do you care what db, baggerlord, or anyone does?

#24     Jul 27, 2003
  5. Fundamentally I don't care, but it's a bit like having your bones picked over after death. And rather odd when the same guy who wrote this after the first JR resurrection thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=276568#post276568

....then starts at least three resurrection threads of his own! My feeling is that: I started a genuine and original thread that a lot of people got value out of. Being booted from the site should have meant the death of it. At the very least, don't go using my name anymore wiith some watered down version that bears no resemblance to my originality. Use your own name!

ptt, I don't know you from Adam but if you've found some profitability from my ideas then you are shameless *** for catching an attitude with me. I've never seen you add anything of value to the ideas first presented by me. Nor for that matter, has dbphoenix moved the discussion forward in any meaningful way. I've certainly not learned anything new in this thread and I'm always open to imporvements. My words are just copied exactly as is, with key parts removed. And this is helpful?

I may be many things, but Jesus Christ is not one of them. So enough with the resurrection threads using my name. If you are a genuine guy, you'll PM me. If you're an ET Elite member or a non-trader, you'll continue with this stupidity.

In sum, people can do what the hell the hell they like. I just find it personally irritating to see imitators pick over my bones, and an insult to what the original thread was all about. A thread called: "Bring Johnny back and Baron is an ****". That at least, would be INTERESTING. Or a thread that doesn't just copy me verbatim and presents something original. But not this stuff. It remind me of why I "left" ...I mean got banned :)

#25     Jul 27, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Trying to pass myself off as the author of this strategy would be plagiarism in its purest form, this side of copying it word for word. Instead, I've made every effort to give credit where credit is due. And if I didn't thank you enough for your contributions in the original threads, my apologies.

As for your chat room, I don't follow the European markets, so what would be the point in my joining your chat? As for setting up my own chat room, I've done so because I'd like to discuss your strategy with like-minded individuals who also have no interest in European markets, along with discussions of any other trend-following, indicator-less intraday strategies that we can share with each other to come up with higher-probability, lower-risk variations.

I have referred people to your original threads a number of times, not only on these boards but also in PMs. However, the vast majority of posts are centered on flames directed here and there rather than on the strategy itself. Reposting the strategy trimmed of the anger and bitterness is an easier and more pertinent read.

You're welcome to take the reins again and author whatever threads you like on this strategy, but if you prefer not to do so, those of us who are left without guidance will have to find some way of guiding ourselves.

#26     Jul 27, 2003
  7. Hey JR, Glad to see you back. I tried to PM you a few weeks ago to thank you for the help but you weren't accepting PM's. Sorry about that pullback post, I was a little enthusiastic on the day I had. I think you can trade just fine with just your breakout trade, but it is nice to have more up your sleeve. I don't trade the ESTx50 yet because the margin requirements are a bit high, but my account is almost big enough so I will start soon. For now the NQ is working just fine...Thanks again for giving away your method, it turned me into a profitable trader. :)

#27     Jul 27, 2003
  8. Hang on a minute old bean, following with Eurex markets was never specified as a pre-requisite for joining. There are a few guys that currently only track US markets. I don't care. You merely said you were not 'very good' in chat rooms. Fair enough, to each his own. But you can imagine my surprise to see you a week later trying to set up your own chat room!

Actually I think it's ridiculous not to follow ESTX50 and DAX given that they trade during US market hours, and many an opportunity can be had in those symbols, not to mention the assistance they offer for one's ES/NQ signals. Given an added cost of just 8 Euros a month, and the ease of electronic trading, a person is plain bloody stupid not to be following them. Hence my JR LITE comments. It's just a watered down version of the original stuff that leaves one trading half-blind since intermarket analysis lies at the core of the JR method.

[Aside: to those that have asked, the chat room is private/invitation only. Each person has to be pre-approved as not being a nobhead. An analysis of their last 30 posts on ET usually disqualifies most folk!]

I don't need any further thanks db. If you have personally profited, then kill JR threads as a matter of respect to the man. If you wanted further discussion you could have joined the room. I have no desire to reinstitute a discussion on this board because it is home to 95% cretins and wannabes (usually called 'Elite' members) who contribute nothing. If I had an ego then maybe I'd want my name plastered around. But I don't. The people who couldn't be bothered complaining at Baron/the moderators have no further right to be informed of this money-making method. Why should I give anything back at this point, or encourage you to help others by pointing them in the direction of my thread? I've already given more than 99% of posters, and now wish to stop anyone else from shamelessly profiting from my efforts - all altruism ended with the ban. If you really are appreciative db, stop posting JR resurrection threads. The hell with (most) idiots on this site.

Let me and this method RIP.

#28     Jul 27, 2003
  9. where is this chat room that you are talking about? Personally, I think that reviving this method by DB is not necessarily a bad idea, particularly for those new to this board. I have been using something similar but for pullbacks with Kelts instead of BBs, so I would be happy to know where traders who use a similar method hang out.

TIA.

#29     Jul 27, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Because I believe in sharing strategies, I'd much rather devote my attention to the boards. But, for reasons of which you are well aware, message boards become an impossible medium to share ideas. As brief as this particular thread is, it has already attracted the "this is a bunch of crap" contingent.

Because of that, and because I find the endless chatter in stock rooms distracting, I suggested that a Futures room be set up. Unfortunately, the only people attracted to it were scalpers, and this results in as much chatter as the stock rooms.

Therefore, since I'm interested only in trend-trading strategies, I set up my own room in order to share ideas, not just the Bollinger Band idea, but range breakouts, retracements, and anything else that has to do with trading trends intraday. If this doesn't pan out, to hell with it. But I'm not solely responsible for setting up the room every day and I'm hardly in charge of it.

Gurus steal from each other regularly, then give the setups a little twist so that they can give them their own cute names, thus enabling them to publish yet another reiterative book of setups that all date back to Wyckoff and Schabacker, or at the very least, O'Neill, all the while never mentioning where they got the idea.

Regardless of what inandlong thinks, I've never cared about any of this. I've made a point to credit Mike for the ORB strategy, though I don't invoke his name every time the subject comes up (it's assumed that anyone who's interested is going to read more than one post). And I've made it a point to credit you for the Bollinger Band breakout idea. However, if you don't want your ideas discussed, I suggest that you contact Baron and ask him to delete the two threads in which you broach the subject. If he's willing to do so, I'll ask that this thread be deleted as well.

Whatever the outcome, the existence of the room is known to anyone who might be interested in it. And once the Gimmees are separated from those who are genuinely interested in sharing ideas, there may not be enough activity to make the room worthwhile. If not, that's that; I see no reason to keep trying. In any event, there's no reason to bring up any of this again.

#30     Jul 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.