Johnny Rock's comeback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnnyrock, Jul 20, 2017.

1. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I wish. I blew it all trading. If I get so lucky again that is the plan.

#71     Aug 1, 2017
  2. algofy

algofy

Ahh I see now, good luck, if you hit it big, I agree it's a good idea to pull out some risk capital and reinvest in non trading assets. So easy to blow up. A good friend of mine recently blew up big time and destroyed a trading account he spent 20 years building. So much of a hit to his psyche that he had to quit trading completely. He couldn't even look at the screens anymore.

#72     Aug 1, 2017
  3. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

For those whi have hung in with this journal thus far, I applaud you. After all I have called Surf satan because of his disdain for TA. I have relived moments in my real life that may or may not actually benefit anyone, including myself. I have been bragadocious and even insisted that people follow me on collective 2 and instagram. (That was done so that I might troll certain members of ET)

In all seriousness this is a legit journal that will chronicle my comeback. As a Southern boy who spent more than a few days in church I believe in certain principles even if I don't subscribe to any particular faith or dogma. For example, call those things that are not as though they are. Seek and you dhall find. I am not talking about Jesus. My references are only applicable to trading and the mindset that I believe is necessary to over come the drawdowns - especially the mental/emotional ones.

Without works faith is dead (still talking about trading and that alone).

Here is the checklist that I will go through each morning, courtesy of bar charts. This is new and meant to stop the bleeding. Paper cuts are no fun!

20170801_133011.jpg

#73     Aug 1, 2017
  4. algofy

algofy

A lot of charts to keep in mind.

#74     Aug 1, 2017
  5. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Wow! I couldn't even imagine. Your friend obviously had an edge, among other things, to do it that long, successfully - no matter how this last run turned out.

#75     Aug 1, 2017
  6. algofy

algofy

Yeah it was aug 24th 2015, if anybody was trading ES that day you remember.

#76     Aug 1, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  7. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Yes. I am only looking to see the overall picture, and also, to look for similar patterns that show up on multiple time frames.

#77     Aug 1, 2017
  8. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

High probability trader had something similar happen to him in the first decade of the new millenium. He posted a video as he was cursing and throwing his stuff around. That took some balls. I see that he is trading again. (The futures tanked over the weekend)

In 2015 I wasn't trading and really had no plans to try again. There is something to be said about people who go public with that info. It is probably therapeutic too.

#78     Aug 1, 2017
  9. algofy

algofy

Who is high prob trader?

#79     Aug 1, 2017
  10. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

He used to have a really popular blog in 2005. He would make like $700 a day for weeks on end and then have huge drawdowns. Sort of like a modern day Livermore.

Can you imagine how ET would troll Jesse if he traded today?

#80     Aug 1, 2017
    algofy likes this.