Johnny Rock's comeback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnnyrock, Jul 20, 2017.

1. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I can't wait for Maverick's trading book! Best post ever!!

Screenshot_20180421-065328.png

#641     Apr 21, 2018
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

8 Week H/L forward test:
    • Upper boundary approximately 540
    • Lower boundary 480
    • Trade the break
    • $1,000 (20 cent) stop
    wheat.png

#642     Apr 21, 2018
  3. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

5' pause:
    • 60' chart for context
    • Occurred around 159.50
    • Further testing required
    • Checked for 3bt on the 30', didn't show up
    60'2.png 5'pause2.png

#643     Apr 24, 2018
  4. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Free testosterone booster:
    • Why waste money on testosterone boosters/stress relievers
    • According to a study out of Harvard, power poses (2' per day) can significantly boost testosterone, as well as lower cortisone levels (responsible for stress)
    powerpose.jpg

Keep in mind that research is beginning to make a connection between high testosterone and lower performance levels in the market.

#644     Apr 24, 2018
  5. I'm basically impotent from my Propecia/finasteride usage for Hairloss/thinning side effect. -- that's why I'm such a great trader.
    A hard dick will distract you from life's true purposes and goals.

#645     Apr 24, 2018
    johnnyrock likes this.
  6. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

It certainly will! Aren't you a little young for all that stuff?

#646     Apr 24, 2018
  7. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Once again @lawrence-lugar has graced us with his presence.

JR: Thanks for stopping by Sugar.

LL: My paper trading options system has been firing on all cylinders. How is your trading going Jo Ro?

JR: I wish I knew. The market has been giving away gold bricks and my system is melting pennies for the scrap value.

LL: Options are the way to go! Sort of like a relationship.

JR: You know how I like to keep my options open! Btw, congrats!! That's a huge confidence booster!

LL: For me or for you?

JR: All of ET! Although it does sort of throw a monkey wrench in the whole idea of karma, reaping what you sow.

LL: Look, I am not here to discuss my indiscretions in a Walmart parking lot.

JR: Speaking of parked cars. Have you tried out Amazon's car delivery service. They will deliver lotion directly to your car.

LL: Not after last week they won't. I found a hot deal on some pink panties that contrasted well with my black 911 key. I got the party pack that includes lube and a giant dildo.

JR: From Amazon?

LL: Of course. I wanted to try out the car delivery service. Anyway, I got a little worked up in anticipation.

JR: At least you weren't at Walmart!

LL: Of course I was. I had my eye on a lactating lady. Right as I was about to finish a Fed Ex truck pulls in beside me. He busts open my door and I splooged all over this brand new Rolex I acquired.

JR: Let me see that watch.

[Larry Sugar grins as he shows off his new time piece.]

JR: That's not a real Rolex!

LL: Of course it is. What makes you think its fake?

JR: The second hand is ticking. A real rolex has a smooth second hand that just spins.

LL: Whatever! This watch is as smooth as I am.

JR: Well, we agree on that! Hey, we've got to go, but I read today that Uranus smells like rotten eggs.

LL: You didn't expect my butt to smell like flowers, did you?!

JR: Touche!! Smooth, as always. Thanks for stopping by Sugar! You are definitely a fan favorite.

#647     Apr 24, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  8. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Infowars:

I am listening to Alex Jones podcast from yesterday.

According to Alex:
    • Shoot guns
    • Climb a mountain
    • Drive a 700 hp car
    • Have fun!
    If you do these things you will develop self-confidence.

You may think I will poo poo these ideas, instead, I want to break them down to see if they will actually work.

1) Climb a mountain. Yep, that will definitely give you self confidence, because you are overcoming fear. If you have a fear of public speaking, talking to girls or even leaving your house, each time you become adept at something you previously feared, your self confidence will exponentially increase.

2) Shoot guns. (See the explanation for number 3.)

3) Drive a 700 horse power car. Although I do not go to the range (I hunted as a teenager and will again now that I live in Colorado) or drive a 700 hp car, I do believe this works to a degree. I actually think a motorcycle is a better bet than shooting at the range or the muscle car: 1) each of these activities will get your adrenaline pumping but the motorcycle encompasses a sense of danger that is only surpassed by the exhiliration of sitting on pure power, 2) it doesn't just look dangerous, statistics verify that it actually is and(3) testosterone increases from the very act of riding. As we have previously covered, increasing testosterone leads to self confidence. I will also point out that becoming adept with your hands is more beneficial than shooting an AR15 for most situations where you might need to defend yourself or others. Even a poorly timed shot from a handgun will land you in prison in most of the country. As an example - AR15 vs. Redneck - look what happened at the Waffle House. An armed man shot up the place with an AR15. If you have ever been down South, and ate your hashbrowns smothered, covered and scattered, you know this is like the phone booth of restaurants. Nowhere to hide! So, some redneck grabbed the hot barrel and took it away from the guy! A genuine HERO! Fear plus adrenaline, which is a byproduct of fear, can either be advantageous or destructive. The 29 year old with a weapon of war FELT powerful. The redneck was prepared for battle. There is a difference!

If you are a trader - paper or otherwise - you are attempting something that very few people accomplish. An endeavor mastered by the minority. I can only imagine the self confidence one would gain from long term success. Sort of like being a rock star, the President or a professional athlete.

Confidence cannot be contained in a cup. However, confidence - by itself - is not enough to guarantee success. BUT, it will guarantee a life that is free! Sometimes, that is all that matters!! The market may reward you with gold teeth, gold watches and that elusive goose with the golden eggs; more importantly, if you succeed, you will have a confidence that cannot be contained. Luckily, for most of us, the market is not the only arena that doles out the magical elixir!!

#648     Apr 26, 2018
  9. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Freefall:
    • Bearish wedge on the daily
    • Downtrend on the hourly
    • Watching for 5' pause on 5'
    • Watching for 3bt on the 30'
    daily3.png hourly3.png
    Past results are not indicative of future performance. Who knows, I may actually be right this time.

#649     Apr 26, 2018
  10. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Kash 'n Karry:

When I turned 40 I made one of those life decisions that, for the most part, has worked out okay. I decided to give up strip clubs. I didn't want to be that old dude who was making it rain so some young heffer would talk to me.

In fact, throughout my years of delving into the devilish underworld of paid poon tang I kept a pretty strict code; set my eyes on one female and tip everyone but her. My reasoning was twofold: not only did it establish the fact that I was not cheap but it also had the side benefit of getting her friends on my side. The bonus was internal, though. In between sets and lap dances, if she continued to talk to me, it was probably because there was a connection.

It might have been my golden locks. It could have been my physique. More often than not it was a connection built on mutual interests and coping skills.

Some might say a lack thereof!

Before we get into the night I met Carrie and her Mom at a strip club on Hwy 92 , I must admit that I did return to a strip club in Colorado in 2016. I was going through an internal, emotional upheaval. Since I lacked insurance, I grabbed a hundo and headed to a bikini bar on Friday afternoon. Unlike a therapist, I could guarantee patient, Doctor, confidentiality. I just needed to ask a question and get a little feedback on my experience in Colorado. I knew she would forget the conversation as soon as I left. That's what I wanted. Bare my soul to a human.

Why not a Priest, you ask? Well, I guess if a Nun wore a more flattering costume for her figure, that may have been an option. But the way I see it, I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Dual purpose.

Soul cleansing and Spirit lifting, among other things.

It was the summer of 2002. Once again I was unemployed. Once again it was my choice. I had quit my job not long after 911 to trade full time. Not only was the experience devastating to the country but it impacted me on a personal level. It was a reminder of the temporal nature of our being and our place in the world.

I might as well follow my dream!

I had logged my first $1,000 trade on an Intel gamble. I could have just as easily lost two or three grand. Intel was dropping and I pulled my stop.

Curled up in my bed in the fetal position.

It wasn't the money. When you have a nose for opportunity money can be replaced. Besides, my account was full!

It was only my confidence that had been shattered. When I mustered the courage to look at my account, I was up one full point on a 1,000 shares. I locked that in!

However, I did not feel as flush as one might expect!

Lord knows I did not want to return to the rat race!

I was also tired from a lifetime of sneaking the cheese from someone else's trap!!

When your lifestyle depends on a lady with a great career, freedom is not within your grasp.

There have only been two times in my life when I went to a strip club, depressed.

This was the first night. You already know the story of the other. Depressed might be a strong word and a little melodramatic but I was at a crossroad. However, I knew that I was the only one who could make my decision. Sure, I could have went to a dive bar and drowned my sorrows with a double scotch. Followed by another. And another. But then, most certainly, Iwould have opened myself up to a free fall.

I chose a strip club instead. This was the summer before I turned 36. As a Libra I always weigh the scales to see which side carries the most weight. As a Libra I am inclined to follow my emotions. As a Libra, connecting with women is as easy as any sport I have ever played. Easier!

It was a Friday night about 10 pm. I picked this particular club in Seffner, FL because I lived in Brandon at the time. I knew I would do a bit of drinking. Do a bit of sight seeing. Make an early night of it. My down Spirit did not leave me expecting anything but tue ordinary.

And then ...

I met Carry. And her Mom. Only in FL will you see the rare species of the female variety where both Mom and daughter work at the same strip club.

I was surprised by the level of talent that was there. The place had the token DJ, big bouncers at the door, and a variety of delectable women, mostly in their twenties; with two exceptions.

Carrie, who was 18.

Her Mother. Two years older than me.

Carrie was about 5' 8" tall with long legs. She was a brunette whose hair came halfway down her back. It made me miss my hair. I had just started shaving my head. As dirty as I was people would refer to me as Mr. Clean. The dichotomy was apparent to everyone who knew me.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

I really had no intention of hitting on this angel who had fallen from the celestial cavity that I lovingly refer to as Florida.

Like most women I date, she was way out of my league. Little did I know we were about to play ball.

I guess another quality that I can only attribute to my Libra sensibilities is that I am not judgemental.

"Which one is your Mom?"

Followed by a sincere, "Nice genetics!!"

Mom is who I had my sights on. We were the same age.

My confidence was a little low after the Intel day trade.

However, Carrie did an interesting thing. She turned down the drink and we talked for the next two hours. Not a single dollar from me. She would only leave my side when her turn in the rotation came up.

Like a children's fable, the clock struck midnight. That is when her, and her Mom's, shift ended.

Knowing that they had reached the parking lot - after changing into street clothes - I made my move. I made a quick dash outside and to my car.

At the time I think I had been watching too many fast and furious movies. I jumped into my lowered Prelude. Cranked up the bass. Pulled up next to her Mother.

"Do you want to go to breakfast?"

When Mom asked me to breakfast I was caught off guard. I think I was still in a weird place from the Intel trade and my mouth opened, "For who?"

That may have been the best line that ever came from my mouth!

"For my daughter, Carrie."

I knew "Sky" wasn't her real name.

Damn. Tonight will turn out to be a good night after all.

Waffle house. Ham and cheese omelette. Hash browns. Scattered. Smothered. Covered.

Carrie and I dated until Christmas. But. I am most thankful to have experienced the elusive, Mother, daughter, team in their natural habitat. A South Florida strip club!!

I know you must be wondering. Is that all Mom and daughter did together? As far as I know it was.

Besides. ...

Well, that's a story for another time. A Mother, daughter predicament that would be the end of me and Jodie.

#650     Apr 26, 2018