Johnny Rock's comeback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnnyrock, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

But wait, there's more!

"This article shows that you can start a basic algorithmic trading operation with fewer than 100 lines of Python code. In principle, all the steps of such a project are illustrated, like retrieving data for backtesting purposes, backtesting a momentum strategy, and automating the trading based on a momentum strategy specification. The code presented provides a starting point to explore many different directions: using alternative algorithmic trading strategies, trading alternative instruments, trading multiple instruments at once, etc..."

Don't try to trade, just algo it! Automate everything! Python is all I need! Ug. Johnny man, stick to the basics maybe?

#391     Sep 18, 2017
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Screenshot_20170919-093506.png Screenshot_20170919-093259.png

MAs converging. Contraction. Waiting for expansion. Patience!

#392     Sep 19, 2017
  3. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

4. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Crumbs:
    • retail resides within the whipsaw
    Throughout the pages of ET, I am always keeping an eye out for ideas that will make me money. My experience - losing on the smaller timeframes - makes me believe this is true. My goal is a reliable way to play trend days. The search continues.

#394     Sep 21, 2017
  5. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Feeling flush from my micro gold swing trade, I met up with some old friends. They don't seem so impressed. They called me a degenerate trader!
    tmg-article_tall.jpg

#395     Sep 21, 2017
  6. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Crumbs? A bird eats 1 seed at a time and at the end of the day it has a full belly.

Retail within the whipsaw? I'm curious how do you know this to be true?

I think that most of your searches on ET will come up short. You should be asking your self what makes a retail trader? One who follows others or one who experiments with ideas? The latter is the one that most times brings home the bacon. Most retail traders are afraid of themselves and fail to allow there inner creative side to guide them. Its that self doubt that says, no it cant be that easy? Can It? But instead they resort to mainstream concepts, for example those 4 squiggly lines you use to see congestion. If a person can convince himself to use them in the way you do, do you think you can convince yourself to use just one or none? Trading markets doesn't have to be an perplexing event and we shouldn't be following the perplexed 96% of losers into bankruptcy court. If you need to look at those squiggly lines, try to identify one that shows a much higher percent of return and keep your profits small or let them run? You know how the laundry business works? those people drop 5$,6$-or more at a time and then they leave an they come back another time. Very similar to how the markets work. cheers

#396     Sep 21, 2017
  7. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I should clarify that I know it to be true for me.

#397     Sep 21, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Any NCAA picks this weekend?

#398     Sep 23, 2017
  9. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Nope. Six picks for tomorrow, though. The over in the Redskins and Raiders. Taking the Jaguars and Cardinals to cover both of their games. The under in the Steelers/Bears, Seahawks/Titans, and Saints/Panthers games.

#399     Sep 23, 2017
  10. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Short NQ
    Screenshot_20170925-072857.png

#400     Sep 25, 2017