Johnny Rock's comeback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnnyrock, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Honestly, I'm above where I was yesterday at market close, but nowhere near where I should be. It makes me all the more angry that I started the day telling someone in a pm that I should step back for a day (tired, hungover, and I always fuck myself after a good day/week...workout fail). I knew better and I did it anyway.

And then, insult to injury, made a perfect trade on SQ, got stopped out on noise, which also gave another entry signal I should have jumped on, but decided I'd lost enough and moved on. Does exactly what I expect...could have pared half my losses. So rather than dumping my losers, I pass a clear winner I know really well because I'd had enough losing already. FML :banghead:

#111     Aug 2, 2017
  2. Oh, I did that years ago on a forum I modded. Punctuation is a dead give away. Actually left the CMG short on the table for two or three days because I wasn't convinced it was legit based on the punctuation used in the food poisoning website that prompted the store closure.

#112     Aug 2, 2017
  3. algofy

algofy

Lol "dead giveaway"

#113     Aug 2, 2017
  4. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I will check it out.

#114     Aug 2, 2017
  5. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

No crap, no crop. S**t is nothing but fertilizer for your future. At least that is what I keep telling myself!

#115     Aug 2, 2017
  6. algofy

algofy

lol unless it's all shit.

#116     Aug 2, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  7. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

It is really strange how so many of us stop trading when a winner shows up, nail the bottom tick when we puke out of a long that is about to turn around, or like I did today - move my stop when I know the outcome.

No answers from me, only questions.

#117     Aug 2, 2017
  8. A stop limit order would have kept me in the position, I was a fraction of a penny off the low, got a market moving sell, blew a few cents past my stop and filled. Watched it in the level II as it happened even...shoulda lost $40-ish on the commissions and reentry.

And this usually isn't even something that bothers me. A missed trade is still cash in my pocket is my MO (modus operandi, not the stock that is also my largest holding). This is a symptom of the mindset that screws me whenever I have a good day.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    #118     Aug 2, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  9. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

" ... the mindset after a goo day." Gold!

#119     Aug 2, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  10. I'm still trying to figure out where I go wrong. I think I move from a risk-centric outlook to reward-centric. My style is to limit risk and expose myself to potential gains...sometimes I'm sitting on the big one, and I always fuck it up the next day.

Oddly, I didn't get this while trading on the beach with the CMG short...which was a multi day run that I extended for another on the Monday I returned. Tuesday went shit again.

#120     Aug 2, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.