John Thune's degenerate Gun Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Let's say two meth heads come in with GUNS what do you do? People in the mythical pro gun scenarios always neglect to point out that proliferation of guns makes it that much more likely that a criminal coming into your home will be armed thus nullifying your potential advantage and making it that much more dangerous.

The couple killed in florida had no chance with or without a shotgun, what will avenge their deaths is a home security camera system that got 7+ scum arrested.

#31     Jul 22, 2009
  2. The anti-gun nuts just can't understand law abiding citizens don't want to have dial 9-1-1, assuming they have time, which they probably don't, talk to a dispatcher, wait another 2-10 minutes to explain everything, wait another 30 minutes to several hours for the police to show up, if they even bother in some areas of the country, when an imminent, dangerous or deadly threat looms over them, their property or the lives of their loved ones.

Nothing could be simpler in a so called society of the free for law abiding citizens to have every right to own and carry weapons that are at least as lethal as the criminals that may strike at them at any given moment.

The greatest irony of all is that anti RTKBA laws seem to be most irrational and vehement in poor communities with a lot of black on black violence. Washington D.C. is a shining example of this.

I guess black folk aren't as important in the eyes of their elected leaders as I am in the eyes of mine, because we have a very low violent crime rate where I live and very liberal ownership and carry laws. In the county about 40 miles to my south, known as Wayne County, where Detroit is located, they also have a nut job sheriff and county commissioner that are almost as Gestapo like as Washington D.C., and their violent crime rate, mostly caused by gun toting thugs, is about 80x higher per 100,000 residents than where I live.

That's the ultimate irony of anti RTKBA nazis - they hurt the ability of the poor and minorities, disproportionately. Only the criminal element is armed in their neighborhoods, and a 9-1-1 response takes an hour on a good day.

#32     Jul 22, 2009
  3. :confused:

#33     Jul 22, 2009
  4. I have lived in Texas and Florida and now live in Michigan. I have had concealed weapons permits in all of them. Florida is probably one of the most liberal states for getting a concealed weapons license!!! They had a concealed weapons permit licensing system wayyy before Texas!!! So no need to worrry about "Texas cowboys" coming to Florida.

Most states now recognize other states concealed weapons licenses...if that state itself issues permits. So much of what the anti-self defense crowd is in a panic about is already happening on a state by state basis.

#34     Jul 22, 2009
  5. It's a right to have guns.

It's a privilege to have a CC permit. And it should be in order to weed out the losers.

Solution: carry your .45 in a hip holster.

Imagine the shit storm that would bring, LOL.

#35     Jul 22, 2009
  6. I believe in some states that would be considered the crime of "brandishing."

#36     Jul 23, 2009
  7. Not if you walk out of your bedroom looking like this guy. :D

[​IMG]

#37     Jul 23, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

SHOOT THEM!

DUH!

#38     Jul 23, 2009
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Not in VA.

Most people think firearms have to "registered". Not true, at least not here. Carrying a firearm "on your person" (i.e. in a holster) is legal, no permits needed.

Virginia does not require firearm registration nor is it necessary to obtain a permit before carrying a firearm or other such weapon openly about the person except where prohibited by statute. Pursuant to §18.2-308 of the Code of Virginia, resident concealed handgun permits are issued by the circuit court of the jurisdiction in which the applicant resides, and nonresident concealed handgun permits are issued by the Virginia State Police

#39     Jul 23, 2009
  10. That reminds me of when i was a kid.

A local farming outfit was being picketed by the UFW, and so a bunch of farmers went to help them with their grape harvest. The picketers were getting nasty and so the farmers took to carrying their pistols openly, and the sheriffs there to prevent them from vandalizing shit didn't say a peep about it.

So I guess it depends on where you are. Although to do that today might be looked upon a little differently, LOL. Especially since the sheriffs today aren't like the good ole boys like yesteryear...

#40     Jul 23, 2009