John Thune's degenerate Gun Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Well, at least the firearm part will give you some protection.

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. I love this legislation.

It's idiotic to strip law abiding citizens, owning and carrying firearms to defend themselves and their loves ones, of the right to travel across state lines.

#12     Jul 22, 2009
  3. that would make all states gun laws equil to the lowest level of restriction.
    how about we just have a federal gun law mandating a specific standard? i thought you right winger types were in favor of states rights?

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. Arnie

Arnie

Nothing in this law diminishes states rights. They can still have a cc law they like, just like they do with drivers licenses or marriage lic. Having a drivers license is a privlege, not a right. Why should my RIGHT to own and bear arms be infringed just because I happen to travel to another state? Btw, SD has 77 murder/suicides/100K by guns. For NY and CA and all the other Blue states, its in the 1,000's. So the argment that this will make those states less safe doesn't hold water.

#14     Jul 22, 2009
  5. if any state has to abide by the laws of another state you are taking away the right of that state to make rules.

#15     Jul 22, 2009
  6. Vhehn, they know that full well. But their argument is ideological rather than logical. Once the doctrine has been cast, thinking need not apply. (There's a lot of that in the P&R forum, eh?)

#16     Jul 22, 2009
  7. Every study, done at any given time, that is reliable, has shown crime rates dropping in states that liberalize firearm ownership and carry laws - period.

The anti RTKBA crowd has nothing of statistical or factual substance to hang their hats on in consistently trying to thwart the rights of law abiding Americans to own and carry firearms to protect themselves and those they love.

NADA

New York and states with like-minded legislative bodies are only serving to give the advantage to criminals when it comes to the freedom to bear arms.

#17     Jul 22, 2009
  8. That's Australia and not really on topic. That has to do with the effectiveness of a 'gun buy back' program reducing crime in Australia, not the liberalizing of gun laws in U.S. states and declining crime rates.

#19     Jul 22, 2009
  9. I know what I posted. I was just pointing out how statistics can be selected, manipulated and waterboarded, especially when there is an agenda on the table (and a Republican in the room).

#20     Jul 22, 2009